All these things I
[html]

300+
The way his eyes seemed so devoid of emotions made Alexey sick to her stomach. Haku had the potential to become a great leader and he was throwing it all away by acting like a twisted bastard. Lexey was starting to understand that her words meant nothing to him. Why was she even trying? Every single sentence that passed her lips seemed to go through one ear and out the other. Damn him. When Haku spun her question around and made it all about him, the tawny femme almost lost it. Had she heard everything right? She knew her chances of getting through to him were slim, but that did not stop her.
“Stop playing martyr. I’ll give you what you want as soon as you provide me with an answer,” she retorted, although there was something in the back of her mind warning her to just walk away before it was too late. Apparently, the chocolate male wasn’t done making things worse. Alexey stiffened as his next comment reverberated through her ears. Using the pup to avoid answering the question was beyond low. He was using Conor as a decoy! Once again, a low growl rumbled in the back of her throat.
“Is this how it’s going to be? You’re going to use your son as an excuse to dodge the bullet? While I’d like to believe he’s a little genius, I don’t think he understands what’s going on,” she mumbled through clenched teeth, shaking her head at the nonsense her leader had just thrown at her. When he ordered her to release his arm, she reluctantly did so. No matter how much she disagreed with him, he was still the one calling the shots. Alexey knew her place within Dahlia de Mai’s hierarchy.
“Put him to bed and then we’ll talk?” she suggested, wondering if he’d try to wiggle his way out of it.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread