Into the Fire (J)
The fact that the elder decided to seat herself made Legion feel much more at ease. It meant that she didn't feel threatened, and was comfortable with him. All the better, for all his height, he was not the most intimidating of sorts, being very lean and lankier in build. He noticed her very eloquent poise, something born of good breeding and dignity. In his upbringing, such things were strictly enforced, for it was a thing of correctness and pride, but he often purposefully railed against the rules, which earned him his fair share of punishment. Among other things. Though most of his scars were hidden in his lush fur, those on his face, where the fur was sparse, easily showed themselves. Not to mention his ears, both of which sported tears from cleverly placed fangs.

But his thoughts were far from that as the ebony wolf named herself. "Soran..." he repeated, letting the word roll off his tongue. He liked it, and while his typical custom was to give those he met a nickname, he did not know her well, nor did he want to come off as disrespectful, so he reined in that particular behavior. A sergeant...so, she could not allow him acceptance, but still, he could get himself acquainted with his possible future packmate. "...a lovely name, and the pack's as well." Legion was an excellent flatterer. And as he mulled the pack name over in his mind, he felt it satisfactory. Like dreams of blood, hunting...but his thoughts were not allowed to roam far before she began to interrogate him, as was tradition. After all, what use would he be to the pack without skills?

"Aye, good lady, I have a few humble skills to put to use!" Ebony lips smiled almost flirtatiously with another bow. "I can't say I am the most skilled of hunters, but I think my greatest asset lies here." He lifted his right forepaw to gesture to his cranium. "I was taught to read in youth, and am quite knowledgeable, a fair strategist, and an eager learner...not to mention easily adaptable. Not a half bad fighter, either, should the skill be required." He winked genially, though he'd been rather modest when it came to mentioning his fighting skill. Where he'd come from, that had been part of his training since youth, as the beliefs of his former mates were...less than savory to most. But it was true about his thirst for knowledge, as he'd spent much of his time to himself poring over books on various subjects from leftover human literature. Some packs thought that a useless trait, but it was those tomes that held so much about survival within. He'd hoped his few good traits would be enough to gain him favor in Crimson Dreams, and looked hopefully into the jade eyes peacfully watching him.

Messages In This Thread