Into the Fire (J)
His inner self jumped happily at the fact that the dark lady found his skills to be of good use. The fact that she also was a reader was a definite plus. He had an admiration of those who not only could read, but actually enjoyed doing so. It elevated a wolf in his regard, and he couldn't help keeping his pleased tail from wagging ever slightly.

The wind lightly rustled his snowy pelt as even the sun's light was almost gone now, a few stars making themselves known in the endless expanse of sky. "And you find my name of interest, hhmmmn? As a reader you might have come across it in the Good Book." He remarked, and made another wry smile as if it was ironic. "Legion was the title given to a man possessed of 1000 demons, as it were." He shrugged his shoulders and dismissed the oddity of such a name, moving on as she expressed her regret for being unable to offer him acceptance. Though his smiles tended to be very sly, this time a genuine one graced his features as, for he wasn't at all deterred by that fact. "Worry not, fine Sergeant! I only hope that the eventual outcome will be acceptance as you seem to have accepted me." and went on to answer her next query, though it was obvious he was a bit hesitant of nervous about giving up his origins.

"Aye, I am not overly far from these lands...from a group known as the Dawnrunners." Any wolf who knew anything of the Dawnrunners knew they were a faction who believed in "cleansing the evil" from the world. They were more often than not considered overly zealous and completely mad, trying to weed the world of wolves who didn't follow their practices and beliefs, finding most others sinful in their ways. Should Soran have heard of them he feared immediate judgment, but perhaps luck would find him today, and he would be judged for himself and not his former pack. "I must admit though, the lands here are quite a bit less hostile than ones I have known." He mentioned, his eyes strayed from her to survey the land beyond, scattered with vacant houses as well as forested land in the distance.

Messages In This Thread