Into the Fire (J)
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

pushitinThe ebony lady's own dark tail began to wag slightly as Legion spoke of his name, the simple fact that he mentioned a book was enough to please the lady. Indeed his name was unusual, it was from the "good book", the lady assumed that he meant the bible by this, she had never read it herself, having never found a copy of it that had been tarnished to the point of being unreadable, well with the exception of the old tome that had been in the large abandoned church in the old lands, but that had been much too heavy to carry back to her packlands, and she had been less than inclined to read it at the time, having been half mad with greif. It had always interested her though, the bible, she wanted to see what was so powerful about it, what was so amazing that it had convinced so many humans to follow its word, she had read of it many times, even read some quotes from it in other books, and now that the snowy male had mentioned it she was most interested in reading it again. For a moment she thought about going to get it from that old church, going to fetch it back now, but the sudden startling reminder that it would be nothing more than a pile of ashes within the charred church now stopped her thoughts short, so many things had been lost in that fire, wonders that they could not get back.
"Oh is it from that book, I must say that I have never had the chance to read it myself, though I know of it well, I was hoping to find a copy of it to read through sometime. Your name is indeed most interesting.” Soran replied, her tail still wagging slightly as she spoke.
pushitinThe jade-eyed lady could not help but chuckle as Legion called her a fine Sergeant, it amused her to be called by that title, it was not something that she was used to.
"I hope that they accept you as well, you seem to be a fine fellow." She could not help but say that, he was indeed a nice male, she would be glad to have him as a packmate. The white male seemed to be nervous about revealing where he was from, that was not surprising to Soran, she herself was reluctant to talk about her life before she had come to these lands, a tale about a small black pup born into a pack where black wolves were so feared that they were killed on sight was not a nice one, neither was the life of running from her father and seeing those closest to herself die by his claws that followed it, she didn't like telling her story, after all it wasn't nice to instantly depress others. But then the male spoke and she did not see why his life seemed to be so problamatic, perhaps he was omitting plenty of his life, but there did not seem to be anything bad about his pack name, it was one that she was unfamiliar with and so she didn't recognise it as a threat or as anything particularly bad. She agreed with him though, about the lands being much less hostile than the ones surrounding it, she had seen that as well.
"I know what you mean about these lands being less hostile, we have occasional spats but nothing like I had ever witnessed outside of these lands, the pack that I had come from was hardly friendly either. But this place, this place is most welcoming, I have found that to be the general rule around here." Soran replied, feeling silly for having downplayed the fierce war that the Inferni had started in the old lands and had brought to these new ones as a spat, but it was all over now as far as she knew, and she didn't want to put Legion off living here.
"So tell me, why do you want to live here? What has brought you to these lands?" Soran asked, still holding a lot of curiosity for this pale male who sat upon her borders.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread