the flashback's starting
ooc: Welcome to Souls. Big Grin Sorry if I tend to post fast and they seem filled with blah. Wink Don't feel like you have to make long posts if I start rambling.

DaVinci wasn't for certain if he beleived the kid when she finally spoke, the light hitting her pelt gave off the show of old blood and he could tell she'd been through something rough. He sat back on his haunches and raised a brow at the girl as he stared at her hard. He'd seen that shell shocked look before on others but it had been a long time when it hasn't been someone related to him and strangers in distress weren't exactly something he was good with. The sub-leader's eyes grew sharp as he said pointedly. "If you're going to lie I'd come up with something a little more realistic 'hon.." His words might be blunt but they weren't harsh. He didn't want to run the frightened woman off, even though he didn't like to deal with the world he wasn't a complete brute and he had had his share of troubles too.

He tilted his head to the side as he studied her, quiet for a moment as he wondered just what her story was. He doubted she was a mass murderer with a mile long list of skeletons in her closet but by the looks she might atleast have a tale or two. He cleared his throat as his tone lightened. "You've found Phoenix Valley territory. We're not the largest pack around but we're devoted." To what she could make her own call. He'd like to believe that they were devoted to eachother, loyal to the pack and to each member but with the growing numbers of strangers at the door it was hard to say, but there was devotion and they were still growing and able to run as one. That was good enough for him until they could straighten out everything and everyone after the death of their eldest and fonding member.

The hybrid flicked his ears to the side idly as he asked. "You look like you could use some help atleast.." his eyes strolled her body and the scars that seemed to be forming as he continued on. "Either you're the clumsiest woman I've met.. or you had some help getting in the state you're in." he said. He didn't know if she'd actually give him an honest answer on how she'd received her wounds but he was offering her some help to get cleaned up and straightened up if she'd accept it.

"Where did you come from?" he asked as he reached into his pack for some jerky, something their pack had begun to grow use to carrying about to keep off the hunger pains and need to hunt all the time. When they did hunt generally half would be dried and dispersed to those who didn't mind the jerky. Not everyone took it but it didn't bother the Savant, they knew where to find it if they wished it. He offered the woman the slices of aromic dried meats as he leaned back against an old pine tree and waited.

Messages In This Thread