the flashback's starting
They had settled into the cabin and the male was working slowly and gently as though the lady's face was a priceless peice of art and the removal of blood was like that of dust that had settled over time. Soon enough he'd cleared away the worse of the damage and could actually see the wound beneith. While the wound looked bad the blood had clotted and didn't seem deep enough to need to be stitched up, as well as the fact that he didn't want to be stitching on the poor girl who'd just arrived. What a welcome greeting that would have been.

He moved on to looking at her hindlegs and working on the matted fur and blood there as she spoke of her appreciation for what he was doing for her. He glanced up with a slight smile as he commented. "Jefferson and I might be hard, but we're not heartless.." both males that ran the pack weren't exactly the best of characters but they did work well off eachother and the pack was growing in numbers. The male dipped the rag in the crimson stain waters once again and finished cleaning off her legs before he wrapped them in gauze.

DaVinci knew enough about wounds to know she'd need to keep them clean and out of the elements for now. He studied his work a moment before deciding that the bandages would hold and that the lady would live. Looking up to her he asked, "Would you like to get some sleep now, you've been through a lot.." He dropped the soaked rag in the waters as he continued. "I'll stay here tonight if you'd like.. but tomorrow I'm afraid you'll have to begin your life in Phoenix Valley and just see what the rest of the pack is like." He smiled slightly at the woman, knowing that the packmates probably wouldn't give her a hard time, they weren't that bad, the females were nice and after her tramatic experiance would probably want to coddle and sooth the young lass.

Messages In This Thread