the flashback's starting
The Savant couldn't help but grin when the lady spoke of Jefferson. He stopped what he was doing and just shook his head. "Jefferson.. can be a bit forward and blunt, but he means well. If he seems gruff just take what he says with a grain of salt and don't think too much on it. He cares about the whole pack.." he said, as though he was reminding himself. He hadn't really known how much Jefferson had cared about the pack until everything that had resently happened. Though the woman before him probably didn't need to know it was better not to give her false hopes that the Patriarch was going to be an angel sent from heaven. He chuckled as he went on. "Don't worry though, the pack members are very open and welcoming. Some might be a bit nosy, but we are like a family.. you'll really see that in time." And like a family they did tend to get on one anothers nerves from time to time.. but they still cared for one another in their own strange ways.

DaVinci watched at the woman seemed to be falling asleep on her feet but fighting so hard against it. She reminded him of Skylar, so often he'd been sitting there telling her to go to bed and right in the middle of her protests she'd fall asleep. When she spoke he couldn't help but give her the promise. "I'll stay here. This was once my mother's home, often I was here in the past.. it's stood empty this past moon though." He sighed softly, still not really ready to accept that she was gone.

After he'd finished dressing her wounds and was granted with a thank you he smiled slightly and shook his head. "No need.. and you can stay here as long as you like.. until you find a place to better suit your needs. There's a lot of cottages deeper into the packlands and there's quite a few places where you can find natural dens and caves.." He smiled at the curiousity in her eyes as he tried to assure her that everything would be fine. "You don't have to try and do everything in one day.. take your time." Standing up DaVinci brought the girl a blanket and smiled down at her before settling into one of the recliners in the den. "Now get some sleep.. you'll feel a little bit better in the morning." He knew that her world wouldn't ever be the same but a new day would dawn bright and clear atleast.

Messages In This Thread