Just like the ocean needs the waves.
[html]

Gods, she hadn't even thought of what she was saying. She didn't view Anu as anything less than a wonderful parent to the pups and she knew that none of the others did either. But she could see where the older wolfess would have some insecurities there. Gently she nudged Anu's nose. "Hey. You're a great parent. The pups love you just as much as they love Naniko. You're more to them than he ever will be." Emerald orbs did their best to look back into the other's blue pools. "I grew up without a father and I did just fine." That wasn't completely true, but she wouldn't have changed her family for anything. It would have been nice if she had had a dad, but then she wouldn't be who she was. She might not even be here.

"All I had was my mom, Ehno, and my sister. I wouldn't want to go back and change that. I guess...I'm just glad that they'll have more than just me. But as long as pups have someone to love them and care for them it doesn't matter how many parents there are or what gender." It was really a revelation that she was just now having. She had never been unhappy just having a mom, and obviously the four kids of the pack were perfectly happy with their two. Maybe it was really because she worried that she wouldn't be enough. But with Kansas and herself they would always have someone to turn to even if one of them was gone or busy. They wouldn't ever have to worry about being alone.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread