Don't want to lose what i loved about you
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/12.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
It was unbelievable. She hadn't imagined that she would see Anu so soon, much less be in such close proximity to her. She felt heat rush up to her face, despite the coolness of her tone and the demureness of her words. Like the woman before her, she too had donned a mask to help her deal with this situation. She felt as though she was entangled and enmeshed within a spiderweb. What existed between them was a complex, fragile system woven by a simple thread. It existed between them, ensnaring them. And, at least Geneva felt that she wasn't an entirely unwilling captive.

And that complicated things even further. This situation, this fragile encounter wasn't even a truce. There were so many undefined variables between them. What was Anu to her? She could say without any hesitation that Anu was a friend to her. She had welcomed Geneva with open arms, accepting of all of her failings and insecurities as she grew into herself. She had shown her compassion and understanding. And she had revealed, unearthed a part of herself that she had never known had existed. But she represented so much more - a ray of sunshine. But a storm followed swiftly behind her.

She had noticed small changes in her. It was hard to say, but there was something about the way she held herself now. Small changes of expression around her eyes, the way she moved her mouth. It was strange, to look at her, to see those differences. But she didn't say a word. She drew her hand away and she let her, her fingers going lax, unresponsive.

She looked into Anu's face now, swallowing the lump in her throat. She felt as if she had swallowed saw dust, her voice dry. "I came to get my things," she said in an honest, empty voice.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread