Don't want to lose what i loved about you
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/12.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Anu withdrew, and Geneva felt the need to follow her, almost like the force of gravity. She planted her feet firmly, biting her lip as Anu moved away. And it wasn't just a physical thing. She could feel the woman receding from her emotionally as well. And the air was charged with a new energy, a heat in the sudden coolness of Anu's actions. Geneva was perplexed, at a loss for words. She just stood and dismissed the need to wring her hands.

She cast her eyes just to the left of Anu, to the tile of the counter. She concentrated, counting lines in the pattern, grains of wood on the floor. She concentrated on anything but the awful emptiness in the pit of her stomach, the gut feeling she had that something was about to go horrifically, horribly wrong. Was there a way to fix this? Was there anything to fix in the first place? A sigh escaped her maw.

To put it plainly, Geneva was confused. And more than anything, she was tired of the constant pain, the way her gut twisted and her heart pounded so sickeningly. She was tired of the complexity of her emotion, and how she yearned for things she could not - should not - even think about.

Her ears flicked when she heard the sounds of the potatoes dropping into the basin. She returned her eyes back to Anu, looking at the back of her head. "Yes," she said, in a cutting tone. "Things I never wanted to let go of in the first place." There was anger in her voice, a foreign sound for her hushed tones. She had rarely ever expressed anger, and had never imagined that she would with Anu.

She felt energy charge her, and the normally gentle Geneva did not want to be gentle anymore. Gentle didn't get the job done. Gentle didn't soothe the ache in her heart. She closed the distance between them in stalking steps, putting her hand on Anu's shoulder and spinning her around. "You are not the only one in pain here, Anu," she whispered harshly. "Do you have any idea - any idea at all what it is like to burn for something you can't have? To have that feeling eat you up inside? Do you have any clue how sick it makes me that my heart could make such a whore of me, to replace the memory - the significance of my mate so quickly? He wasn't even cold in his grave! But still, it always turns to you. I think of you, and I think of everything you have. Everything I could destroy. And still I burn." She was breathing harshly.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread