Don't want to lose what i loved about you
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/12.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
To say that she was taken aback would have been the understatement of the century. Geneva stood, wide-eyed with her mouth curled into something between a grimace and a frown. She hadn't expected that the intensity of her emotions would be such that she lashed out. She tried to hard to hold her cards close to her chest. But with Anu, she was learning that all bets were off. She couldn't hide if she tried. Whatever existed between them had the ability to break down all her walls, to twist her until she screamed whatever rattled inside her head and hid inside her heart.

When Anu spoke, she was shocked. Her legs held firm, muscles tensing as the tirade washed over her. Anu was a woman of so few words. To hear her now, with the burning truth coming from her mouth, she could hardly believe that it was happening. She wanted to tell her that she was wrong. That there was a way to fix things. For a way for them to both be happy. But she knew that was far from the case. She couldn't allow herself even a small measure of comfort. Not yet. Perhaps not ever. She still didn't know how to feel.

She felt the violet streak of dismay when Anu spelled out feelings of loss. And she felt the oppressive air around her. How did she live with it? How could she stay with it? She had only felt the edges of such as thing, and when she had, she had run away from it. She imagined what it must feel like, to be so close to Naniko, to be so far from her at the same time. How did she stand it?

Geneva stepped away shakily, shoving herself away and disengaging from Anu. She backed up until she bumped into the wall opposite of the other woman. She looked at her considering, calculating...and confused beyond anything she had ever pondered before. "I love you," she mumbled, miserably.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread