Don't want to lose what i loved about you
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/12.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Geneva couldn't help the anger that rose inside her in an alien tide, stealing her breath and laying steel in her bones as her resolve threatened to slip. She had come so far, thinking that she could just do this, dance around an open flame. And yet her control threatened to snap like a single, thin string. She couldn't help the helplessness of it all, that caused the smoldering of anger to rise in her, burning in the back of her throat and behind her eyes. It was almost for her to bear. All she wanted to do was take that leap, complete the slow, strange journey each of them had taken in such caution, damning steps.

What was she supposed to say? What was she supposed to do anymore? This wasn't even about a level of appropriateness anymore. It was about the hollow knocking in her heart, the void, the hole she had ignored for so long. Or perhaps not long enough. She had lost everything she had loved in so short a span of time that it seemed impossible, horrible that she could even conceive of loving again so soon. But the depth and breadth of this love, this feeling, whatever the hell it was between them, more than filled that yawning chasm of her heart.

"How can I promise you anything, Anu?" she said, twisting her fingers within the other wolfess' grip. She was torn between clasping her hand back and tearing her hand away. "How?" she repeated, the misery and anger evident in her voice. She had no reason to be angry at Anu, she had done nothing but shown her a distant light in the distance. But she had no focal point, helplessly lost to these feelings. She shuddered, trying to find control, but it didn't come. She jerked her hand away from the other woman. "I can't even give you today. How am I supposed to give you tomorrow?"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread