turn off your mind, relax and float downstream
[html]

style="background-image: url(http://i42.tinypic.com/wbfo29.png); width: 450px; height: 431px; z-index: 1; line-height: 10px; border:1px #000 solid;">
style="padding: 0px; position: relative; top:75px; right:90px; width: 213px; height: 315px; z-index: 2; overflow: auto;">

Just as she’d thought: poor Haven wasn’t much help. She hadn’t expected him to go “Oh yeah, I saw them walk by just 5 minutes ago” or anything. It was a little disappointing to learn that he didn’t hold any useful information, but it definitely didn’t come as a surprise either. “Don’t worry about it, we’ll find them,” she stated firmly. Dahlia de Mai had potential; they were bound to find a clue that would lead them to the pups. Alexey had no intention of giving up and neither did the rest of her pack mates.

The Dahlian girl made no other comment pertaining to Crimson Dreams’ creation. It was a good thing the youngster didn’t seem all that intrigued because she had no additional information to give him. His main focus was on the war and his little friend residing with the coyote clan. Lexey did her best not to let her feelings show. While she generally had no problem with coyote – wolf relationships, she did have a problem with Inferni. It was safe to assume that his friend was around his age and thus harmless. But the rest of the clan wasn’t.

Concern pierced through her nonchalant façade. Did Haven realize that their friendship probably wouldn’t last? “There’s no war going on right now. Don’t worry about it,” she started, hoping to somewhat soothe the adolescent’s worries. Should she have mentioned that the peace treaty had recently been breached when a coyote attacked Firefly? No, it was best not to. Last time she’d tried to be completely honest with a pup, things hadn’t gone too well. “But Haven, some people in Inferni aren’t very nice. I’d be careful if I were you.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread