This Pulchritudinous Solitude
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

The woad warrior allowed a slow smile to flicker across her lips. Her head turned to gaze up at the chocolate and cream when he spoke, and for a moment, the warrior listened to only the sound of his voice, that deeper melody both cacophonic and euphonic, and she allowed herself to sense that strange dichotomy within him before the weight of his words sunk in. And then the black female breathed in the cool air deeply, his scent mingling with that scent of damp earth and leaves, as if to fully understand she were required to do so. For you and Cercelee, he had said, and she was comforted by his words. And she did not expect him to be idle when danger could be lurking upon the pack boarders. He was not that kind of wolf. If anything, she knew that much about him. A creature of impulse. But he had control too, which was just as important.

Quietly, the female said, "It will be better to play nice before going for the throat," with that silver toned melody. "If Inferni continues their impassivity, I will eagerly join you in a war game, Haku." And perhaps this hesitation in the act of hostility was only her way of buying time, as if she were afraid that a war—if there were to be a war, that is—would start and end without her, just as it had when she had first come to the Dahlian boarders. And if only once in her life, the warrior wished she could have an opportunity to lead others into a battle and test herself. Perhaps it was selfish once more. Or perhaps it was simply fulfillment. Yet, there may not even be such a conflict.

"Cercelee is a creature of peace," the woad marked fae mused as her white orbs found the male. "But even in peace, especially in peace, we must remember war." The female paused as she paraphrased a martial proverb, sighing softly against those endless, agonizing waves. "She will do what she thinks is best for Dahlia de Mai." That was certain. "But one who wishes at all costs to avoid conflict cannot have peace. It is the way of things. The world requires both for the other to exist." War and peace. Hate and love. Dark and Light. "That is why we have you." Why I have you. Regardless of what had been said and done, the female did not forget how she had felt that night beneath the full moon of December.

"It’s okay," the female repeated the male’s words, almost a whisper. "At times, I’m lost in that moment, and I forget. It was not your fault." She was only glad that she had not made a mistake. The female fell silent then, simply enjoying the company that the Lilium offered to her. Her breathing slowed, became even as she lay with the cool earth at her back and the damp heavens above. Her heart was eased, became comforted as she lay with the warmth of the male at her side. She listened then, to the sound of the world. A calm serenity that removed her momentarily from the pains of mortality washed over her as she listened to that eternal sound. A woad bound hand lifted as she gentle brushed her fingers against his shortened tail. "Haku.... Can you stay with me for a while?" The white orbs had closed, and they remained that way as if uncertain. As if afraid that he would leave, be gone if she opened them.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread