This Pulchritudinous Solitude
[html]
700+

There were times like these when the limitations he was restricted by really started to tug and dig into his skin. He understood Cercelee’s policy, but he did not believe in it. She wanted peace, fair enough, but the chocolate and cream male believed more in action than no action at all, especially when it came to dealing with Inferni. It was important to show strength, and they had enough people to defend themselves well. Why were they standing idle waiting when Inferni again had shown their teeth and shown they would never back down no matter how many chances they were given? Cwmfen was being reasonable, but Haku meant he was as well. ”How many times must that strategy fail before other solutions may be used?” He inhaled through tightly clenched teeth, giving birth to a low hissing noise. He was more than delighted that she announced that she would join him if it came to a war. Last time he had been alone against the other clan, while Cer had fled to another pack and simply waited for it all to end. Sure, she was indeed a creature of peace, but that act had cowardice written all over it. A leader stayed with his or her pack, no matter what. The view of what was wrong and right was so different, and he wondered why the hell Cercelee still had him in this position. Why had she not thrown him out so that Cwmfen could move up and take over?

”Inferni have tormented the wolves in these lands from before I was born. Did you ever wonder why my tail is one third shorter than the average?” He almost spat it out, rage slowly starting to burn his flesh. ”I was only a child when it happened. A coyote wandered straight into the pack land and attacked me. My mother and father rescued me, and the only damage I suffered was having a bit of my tail bit off. However, my mother was injured. First she lost her memory, then her mate, her children, and then she fell into a depression she has never gotten out of. Is this fair? Why do they call me a monster when they allow this to happen? My family are not the only victims. There are so many more? Why am I the bad guy!” The last sentence was almost a bark, and the man fell still, his fur slowly settling. What was this? Emotional detachment had always been the way. Not because he had chosen it, but because he was incapable of anything else, it seemed. His eyes were still on hers, and slowly emptied for whatever rage that had burned while his voice had dominated the scene. He was just being foolish. A lash of his shortened tail, and he was empty again, just as he should be. Her finger tips touched his defeated tail, and he felt a strange sort of peace settle.

It was okay, and that particular coyote was long dead. The Lilium knew this because he had investigated the incident at a point when he had reached adulthood and left Clouded Tears to roam as a loner. ”I’ll stay.” The male would do whatever she said. He was more or less obedient to Cercelee because of her leading position alone, but his obedience to the marked female was by choice. She was young and submissive in many ways, but she had both wisdom and intelligence that made her exceptionally precious. The long night he had shared with her had only made him weaker in terms of resisting her intoxicating aura. She was very special, even the notorious psychopath managed to see this. Her moonlit eyes disappeared behind ebon eyelids, but his gaze stayed as it always did. He felt the necessity to feel the warmth from her body, but he had been silly enough today. ”You know I’d do whatever you'd ask of me?” He wanted to kill, to bend and break bodies again. He wanted to hunt the coyote that had lost that little patch of coloured fur. Haku wanted to make another masterpiece in crimson, with the lovely scent of death making the mood. There was freedom in his type of art, inner peace. He longed for it more than anything.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread