This Pulchritudinous Solitude
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

700+

A light smile flickered across the black fae’s maw. She understood his frustration and anger, feeling that some of it were her own. But she had come to understand the necessity of packs and societies. She understood the rules and knew that they must be in place for a reason, even if she could not yet see the use of some. Diplomatic relations with packs had been the most difficult for the female to understand. She was a warrior, and she was one who could solve disputes physically. But not all things could be solved in that way. "Each situation, just as the individual, is unique.... The same strategy, no matter how many times it fails, still has the possibility of success." The warrior could understand that much. And she had seen it within herself as she struggled to sort the emotions that some could invoke within her. The male did so now, and she struggled with it even as she lay there.

The black fae was silent as Haku spoke. She gave a single nod in response to his inquiry. Yes, yes she did wonder, and she wondered often. And as his tale unfolded, the female came to understand the male a little better, to better know why he hated the coyotes and Inferni, why he had chosen to take up the position as Head Scout, and why he was so distant from everyone. All these things perhaps began with an emotion, and that emotion had taken over the male, had made him numb. And yet, what was strange was that, despite the darkness that lingered in his heart, despite the darkness that she could now feel through his bristling anger, he had remained with Dahlia, he had remained loyal to this entity. She knew that it must be this that Cercelee saw within Haku. But even if her Lilium had not chosen to share this with her, she had seen it. She only understood him better now.

She paused, her hand lingering upon that tail. "We are all affected by our past.... Some have simply not endured as much as we have, and they have not taken control...." The warrior’s alto melody drifted off, and it was as if she would say no more. But then the melody started up again. "At least your injustice was not done by your own blood. The male who sired me—he seeks me now." The words were slow, as if she struggled with the concept, with the right words to express herself. At times, words were inadequate. "He wants my body...." She knew that Haku had raped his own daughter, but it had not been with the same intent with which her father carried. A soft sigh escaped the Caledonian-Korean as she gave up with that idea. "I came here, tired of running, and I have become what I am. But I know that, should he find me, I could not win." She could not win because she was not strong enough physically or mentally. Her will was strong, but that attraction that she felt for that soulless creature weakened her resolve.

She was silent for a while before she said, "They fear those who know what they want and take it because such freedoms are against the laws of the societies in which they live." But Cwmfen had not been born within the same culture, and she did not have as many limits within her life. And she herself was not so complicated. She was a thinking creature, but she was a solitary and physical creature as well. She had difficulty expressing extreme levels of emotion, and she was unfamiliar with pure hate and even with love. She could not tell whether her intrigues and attractions could be called love. She had been told that she would know, but still she remained uncertain, and she felt as if such uncertainty would be unwavering.

Her mind was lingering in that world between wakefulness and sleep, held there by the incessant ebbing and flowing of pain. She thought of Bane, who had saved her and ‘stitched’ her wounds, and she remembered what the pain had been then. It was less now, but her haste had broken his efforts to close the wounds—at least in part. The blood had long since ceased, but the pain. Bane’s touch upon her neck had been soft, and it was as if that touch had held the pain at bay.... Haku’s voice broke into her mind, just as Bane’s had, and she felt a similar curiosity for this brown male, the curiosity that ever lingered with the presence of this male. The white orbs looked up, contemplating his words and feeling that uncertainty once more. A soft breath escaped her. "And what if I asked you to do that which was left unspoken?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread