missing title
[html]
ooc: 500+

Demarz could not help but note her slow and deliberate movements. This caused him to raise a brow, cocking his head slightly in confusion at her careful actions. It was as though she was worried of provoking him into attack. It was then he realized that his posture was not exactly the most friendly. His hackles were still raised to the sky, and his body was tense, muscles twitching under the sudden strain. With a large breath of air he strove to make his body comply to his mind. He was not afraid, her appearance had merely given him something of a startle. It still did. He truly had no idea as to how she was upright upon two legs, with such prehensile claws. Or was it fingers now? He was baffled, and perhaps even slightly envious. But definitely not hostile nor threatened. With what he hoped to be a reassuring half smile Demarz forced his body to abandon signs of hostility. With that handsome half-smile still in place he slowly let his brawny form fall to his haunches, sitting before the ruler of these lands in hopes of showing his trust and comfort before her.

"Oh, I definitely do not have any ill intent, ma'am." If there was one thing Demarz was, it was courteous and polite. He may be a very cold beast at times, but that was no excuse to be rude and vile. He was not a cruel beast, merely one who had been harmed by the world time after time. When that happens, it is easier to be cold and calculating instead of happy-go-lucky. He didn't get hurt if he didn't put himself out there. "And I am sorry, I seem to have forgotten myself. I am Demarz." His rough tones seemed to be of good humor. After all, people did not seem to respond well to an inflectionless monotone. Besides, Demarz truly hated talking without inflection or emotion. It made him sound like a terrible creature.

He contemplated the question put before him briefly as she declared herself Commander over these lands. Crimson Dreams was it? Demarz could not help but crack a grin. Well, what did he have to contribute? It was pretty bad when he could not think of many positives that he held. But he was also very self-depreciating at times. Well it was time to stop that! With a small shift as if to straighten himself, he flicked his liquid mercury gaze to meet her own. "Well I am strong. A fighter through and through. I can hunt, I have provided before...." Here he paused, almost as if to compose himself. That was the past, nothing could change it. "I have only ever lost a single fight in my life, short though it may be." Here he smiled, a truly proud smile. It was not a lie spoken to make himself look better. It was the solid truth. In the time that Demarz had been around, he had only lost a single battle. And that was when he was a youth, and up against a monstrous beast. "I hope you find these to be admirable traits, for they are what I have." Here he fell silent. He had spoken his piece, and it was up to her to find him worthy or unworthy. He had lived almost his entire life thus far alone, if she were to reject him it would not be hard to continue on with his solitary existance. However he was lonely, and truly hoped for acceptance. It had been so long since he had even seen another wolf. This Commander was even a welcome trade to the company of silent flora and twittering birds.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread