ooc: I'm sorry it is terrible x_x.

Character Name: Demarz
Character Birthdate: December 7th, 2006
Regular wolf or a Luperci: Regular wolf
Species: Pure wolf, but mongrel.
AIM: FossilizedSins
How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Was sent her from Neopets by James ^^
Initial post:

It’s beautiful, truly, and none could deny it. The way the elongated clouds seemed touched by red, the way the mist that hung high in the sky followed by example, becoming a vivid orange. Two colors that one would never think possible for such an endless expanse of the purest blue. It was a canvas for an unseen artist, which was wiped blank every day, so that it may be painted differently the next night. In mere hours it would be gone, washed away, leaving the sky for the shimmering stars and waning moon.

Taking one more moment to study the portrait which spanned for endless lengths above his broad head, the male let out a sigh. With that his hulking frame was soon hefted to large paws, muscle-bound limbs supporting his body effortlessly. The titan-like brute was far from a care-free romantic, and he did not spend his time admiring every miracle of nature, for there was not really the time. However, despite his normally stoic nature, a sunset was always something he tended to watch. It was as if the sky decided to bleed every night. Demarz was not a malevolent creature, and did not wish it so, for he knew such was illogical. He did not get his fancy from blood, but the way the clouds took on that exact color, and diffused to orange, it was just something to take pause at.

Unlike the extraordinary painters-pallet above, the large brute who wound his way through the slowly changing terrain was quite cliché in appearance. Simple black, nothing more. It was hard to place a description on the coal-coloration, however. Matte seemed to be best way to describe it. It was merely a flat black. There was no astonishing lustre to add to his handsome appearance, nothing to draw the eyes. Just an almost emptiness, devoid of light. Dull if you will. And he preferred it, for nothing was better on the frame of a predator than a color just brushed over with the eyes, unnoticed, though quite impressive. There were no fanciful combinations, and most definitely no complex patterns of different hues. None of these things marred the coal-hued fur which lay thickly upon his broad form, covering the taut muscles which twitched and twisted in an almost over-exaggerated manner with every paw step. The most noticeable feature about the male were the eyes of a liquid mercury. A slightly more uncommon color, which took away somewhat from his cliché appearance. However the wolf's eyes differed where his pelt failed to do so. His gaze always held attention. They were stunningly alive, holding a cunning and wisdom only achieved by those who lived the hard life of fending for themselves and having nothing provided. Piercing was a close way to describe his pale gaze. One could not help but feel exposed, seen through. One could get lost in a gaze like his, and many certainly had.

Though very bland in coloration, the brute was quite charming as far as wolves went. Demarz was adequately built, a great example of natures calculated proportions and gifts that were only bestowed to the predators of the world, but not perfect. None were perfect. The canine was able to catch ones eye, however. Especially thanks to those molten eyes. He was charming in his own, silent way, and when Demarz actually cracked a grin, his face became very appealing indeed. It was his biggest lie. Though he could be kind, Demarz was often as cold as the poles, ruthless when enraged and easily angered. He was not a soft hearted male. No, he was a realist and a survivor. Every friendship he made was not considered affectionate. It was an alliance, plain and simple. And he was loyal to a fault when a worthy alliance was reached. Cunning and amazingly intelligent, Demarz was a harsh force to be reckoned with.

The wolf's thoughts were drawn back to the lands through which he was casually making his way. The mighty sentinel-like trees, which were before so thick and crowded, were slowly thinning. It was not to say that it was so severe that it was a field, just that the forest was becoming more open, more sparse. This made the male distinctly uncomfortable. Demarz could not help but feel an affinity to the unmoving giants. They were so simple, yet radiated power by sheer size. In his travels he had seen trees which had such girth that he had been left speechless. Something that never moved willingly, something which would never attack or speak or even care of one's passing awed Demarz in ways few things could. Yet he digressed once more in his thoughts. With a mental chiding the male turned back to the situation at hand. With grace slightly astonishing for such a large male, he wound about the rough trunks, heading father into this new territory.

Confident, powerful strides stopped short, as though Demarz had walked into a solid wall. And in a mental sense he had. Brows crinkled in brief concentration as he inhaled deeply, nostrils flaring. The pungent, sharp scent of territorial markers were unmistakeable. It was hard to say how the stoic male took this from his appearance alone. He seemed as indifferent as always. Yet his mind was turning. He knew such a thing would happen eventually, after all, it was what he was planning on. After so much wandering one is bound to encounter the lands of packs. The question was, was he truly ready to take such a step. A small twitch between his brows indicated his mental debate as he stood, almost comically, on the cusp of the lands. One paw held in midair, his broad skull cocked slightly, eyes showing only deep thought. With something of a grunt his paw slowly lowered upon the other side of this scent barrier. Yes, he was ready. He had been solitary for the last year and a half, it was time to join other canines once more. Unsure of whether this pack was right for him, unsure of whether he was truly ready, unsure of whether he would be accepted, Demarz entered the lands. He was unsure, but he was committed. With an almost mournful sigh he once more picked up his languid pace, ready to take up this new challenge.

So long had Demarz been away from other canines, he was not quite sure as to how to go about his approach. Should he give a call to let the leaders and the pack no that he was trespassing? Should he merely stride about like a fool until he was discovered? He laughed almost bitterly at that, his vocals rough and gravelly, but still pleasing on the ears. Yes, that was it. He would waltz about, until he got attacked by an over zealous wolf protecting it's home. The wolf shook his head slowly, almost scornfully as he mentally continued his debate, not paying attention to the land. That was a mistake for two reasons. First, it was dangerous, and second, he would have noticed the lake off to his right. Gladly the male would have welcomed a fresh, chilled drink. But he was to absorbed in his entrance, and it's planning. And needless to say, he was getting nowhere with it.

With a surly grunt Demarz looked up, those shining eyes lighting with something as close to true pleasure as it got with him. Water! Lovely! The male slowly approached the shimmering surface, tail curled loosely over his muscled spine. It was habit, for the brawny wolf was a proud male, and always showed such. It was not a claim at dominance, and had he been thinking clearly, he would have put on the signs of submission upon a new land. But he wasn't. He never before had to show submission, and so he lowered his head to drink, ears pushed forwards and tail curled high. A dangerous mistake? He could only find out.

Demarz had arrived.

[/html]
[html]
ooc: Hallo! and 500+

Now that spring had its gentle hold upon the land, animals were beginning to find their way back out into Souls. She hadn't realized that some of them had been missing until she'd heard it, the slow, light chirps of robins and other seasonal creatures, and the sound had startled the pristine leader into the realization that springtime was upon them. She was too used to the emptiness of winter, to the silence that the drop in temperature instilled upon Crimson Dreams. This was their first transition to spring in these new lands.

The Commander walked on two legs tonight, her tall, full frame making a long shadow behind her on the foliage as she went. She was heading toward the border to check out the portion of the territory that they were planning on claiming next, to the south of them. Walking in her full optime form, the jade-eyed luperci had her long white hair held back in a long, simple braid. The end of the braid hit against the lower pocket of her canvas backpack with every couple of steps, the wind occasionally taking it and flicking it in a rougher manner against her side.

Naniko wasn't sure if claiming the southern portion of the land was as good of an idea as she had first thought. She wanted their territory to extend to the sea, so that they might use nets to catch some larger fish during the following seasons, but she hadn't thought about one thing. If they extended that portion of the land, then it would create a sort of a trap. There would be nowhere for wolves to go except through that portion of the territory if they didn't want to go all the way around. She would have to talk to Savina about getting a few of the wolves out there to scout it out once they got the border completely reestablished. Hopefully everything would be up and running before her pregnant co-leader was unable to leave her den.

She came around the bend in the lake as the sun sank even farther into the ground to the West, beginning to cast Crimson Dreams in a dark, golden glow. It was more difficult to see, but the wolf knew the landscape well. Something was amiss. She stopped, letting her hands fall down to her sides. She wasn't looking for a fight...but at the same time, she couldn't let an outsider get this close to their borderline without approaching them and questioning their reason for being there.

The Commander watched the stranger drink, frowning. The wind wasn't blowing in the right direction for her to be able to smell very much of him, but he would surely be able to catch her scent. The entirety of Crimson Dreams smelled of her, Savina, and Anu. She cleared her throat before she spoke, her alto voice breaking through the last few bird calls and the beginning buzzes of nocturnal insects."Eh...Greetings...there." Was it rude to talk to someone while they were drinking? She didn't know. ."Have you got business here?"

[/html]
[html]
500+

Demarz was well enjoying his drink. The liquid was cool and clear. So refreshing and amazing to his parched throat. With a content look upon his features his tongue slowly ran along damp lips. He watched his reflection with moderate interest as the bright pink contrasted against his dull black fur. His gaze then shifted to those intense eyes, before he halted his examination, tongue retreating back into his mouth. Muscles became tense, though the male seemed just as carefree as he was a moment ago. But something had caught his attention, and he was most certainly on edge. The main scent that lay along the borders of these lands was suddenly stronger. Overwhelming almost. It was then that the male knew he had company.

With a seemingly calm flick of his head he looked towards the stranger just as the common rasp of one clearing their throat broke through the air. The male acted nonchalant, and even his body language spoke calm and cool. But he was most certainly unsure of the situation he had walked himself right into. Stupid ass. Mentally chiding himself he took a moment to observe the wolf who had hailed him. And he was shocked at the eyeful he had seen. For once his carefully maintained facade fell, and a look of shock and uncertainty was plain. What was this wolf who was before him! He was certain that she was a wolf, the characteristics and scent were undeniable. But what the fuck kind of wolf was she! Thick, coarse fur slowly began rising along the back of his neck and across his broad shoulders as his unease started sending his body the signals to show hostility. Though he felt none. He was not scared, for if she were going to attack, she would have. Demarz never felt fear, as far back as he could remember. But he most certainly was able to show confusion at the hybrid which stood before him. Curiosity was urging him to move forward to sniff and inspect this strange new canine. But propriety ensured his large paws remained firmly planted. He examined her upright posture, and human object upon her back. The long hair, and mobile and fingered hands. Demarz truly had no explanation. Perhaps she had mated with a human? Yes, that had to be it. This is what the pup of a human and a wolf must look like.... He wanted to laugh at the flimsy straws he was grabbing at to explain this oddity. Nothing worked for him.

Slowly the large, black male cleared his own throat, mimicking the sound he had heard moments before, followed by a cautious greeting, and inquiry as to his presence. And for a moment his brain would not comprehend, as he was still to busy pondering over this wolf. But then he realized how much of a fool he must be making of himself. With an burst of energy, he viciously shook out his dark coat, muscles rippling beneath the shifting strands and taut skin. He gave a half smile, almost rueful, as he allowed himself to focus more on the questions then the one presenting them. "Greetings...." He almost wanted to kick himself for how lame his own hello had sounded. His voice however was deep, and rough, and pleasant in a odd way. "I am truly sorry for my intrusion, and I have no reasonable explanation. I was walking along, noticed that this was a claimed land, and had decided to try my luck as to perhaps joining this pack..." Here he chuckled in a way, realizing how truly clueless and stupid he must seem to this female. "I just did not know how to go about announcing my presence, so I was pondering over how to bring attention to my presence when you came upon me...." Here he merely finished, letting it trail off. Was it appropriate to ask now to join? He truly had no clue where to go from here, and he was truly confused by this wolf before him. But he would continue on with it he supposed. There was little else to do at this point.

[/html]
[html]
ooc:

Naniko didn't normally go out at this time of the day, but lately she'd found herself with more free time than normal. She had already done all of the things that she did before she went to sleep--she'd straightened up her den, cleared out the herb shack, and had organized some of the bottles in the kitchen. She had nothing left to do but this. The night wind was slightly cooler than the breeze that she had experienced earlier, and it lifted pieces of her hair out of the braid, blowing them in front of her face. She lifted a careful hand, trying to put them back into place. She didn't want to make any movements that he might deem as hostile; she didn't want to ruin a prospective conversation by doing something like that...not unless he did something first.

She'd come to the border to greet newcomers on many occasions, but each time was unique and different. There were no two wolves who were exactly alike, even if the wolf looked a lot like another one. Her adopted sister Ember was nearly the same color as this male, but with a bit more brown in her coat. Savina also shared his dark coloration.

"It's no real intrusion. As long as you don't harbor any ill intent, I'd be happy to talk." She had never had the experience of joining a pack herself. When she'd joined Clouded Tears she had been very young, and had been carried there by Iskata. The next pack that she'd become a part of she had helped to form herself, with her mate Conri when they had been together. And now Crimson Dreams, which she had formed with her trusted friend Savina. She'd accepted new wolves, but had never actually been in their place. So she couldn't feel much empathy.

The light was fading, and it was becoming harder to see his expression. If he was staring, the female couldn't tell. Naniko came a few paces closer before stopping again, so that she might be able to speak at a more comfortable volume. "The lands before you belong to the Crimson Dreams pack. I lead it, as the Commander. Do you think that you would make a good addition to my wolves? What skills do you have?"

[/html]
[html]
ooc: 500+

Demarz could not help but note her slow and deliberate movements. This caused him to raise a brow, cocking his head slightly in confusion at her careful actions. It was as though she was worried of provoking him into attack. It was then he realized that his posture was not exactly the most friendly. His hackles were still raised to the sky, and his body was tense, muscles twitching under the sudden strain. With a large breath of air he strove to make his body comply to his mind. He was not afraid, her appearance had merely given him something of a startle. It still did. He truly had no idea as to how she was upright upon two legs, with such prehensile claws. Or was it fingers now? He was baffled, and perhaps even slightly envious. But definitely not hostile nor threatened. With what he hoped to be a reassuring half smile Demarz forced his body to abandon signs of hostility. With that handsome half-smile still in place he slowly let his brawny form fall to his haunches, sitting before the ruler of these lands in hopes of showing his trust and comfort before her.

"Oh, I definitely do not have any ill intent, ma'am." If there was one thing Demarz was, it was courteous and polite. He may be a very cold beast at times, but that was no excuse to be rude and vile. He was not a cruel beast, merely one who had been harmed by the world time after time. When that happens, it is easier to be cold and calculating instead of happy-go-lucky. He didn't get hurt if he didn't put himself out there. "And I am sorry, I seem to have forgotten myself. I am Demarz." His rough tones seemed to be of good humor. After all, people did not seem to respond well to an inflectionless monotone. Besides, Demarz truly hated talking without inflection or emotion. It made him sound like a terrible creature.

He contemplated the question put before him briefly as she declared herself Commander over these lands. Crimson Dreams was it? Demarz could not help but crack a grin. Well, what did he have to contribute? It was pretty bad when he could not think of many positives that he held. But he was also very self-depreciating at times. Well it was time to stop that! With a small shift as if to straighten himself, he flicked his liquid mercury gaze to meet her own. "Well I am strong. A fighter through and through. I can hunt, I have provided before...." Here he paused, almost as if to compose himself. That was the past, nothing could change it. "I have only ever lost a single fight in my life, short though it may be." Here he smiled, a truly proud smile. It was not a lie spoken to make himself look better. It was the solid truth. In the time that Demarz had been around, he had only lost a single battle. And that was when he was a youth, and up against a monstrous beast. "I hope you find these to be admirable traits, for they are what I have." Here he fell silent. He had spoken his piece, and it was up to her to find him worthy or unworthy. He had lived almost his entire life thus far alone, if she were to reject him it would not be hard to continue on with his solitary existance. However he was lonely, and truly hoped for acceptance. It had been so long since he had even seen another wolf. This Commander was even a welcome trade to the company of silent flora and twittering birds.
[/html]
[html]
ooc: We can continue from here, or say that she showed him around oocly :] You can now post anywhere on the board ^_^
500+

Each pack in Souls was different, and each leader had their own way of keeping things in order. Naniko's pack ran on a system that relied heavily upon word of mouth--rumors, stories, information...she and Savina exchanged news and tidbits on a regular basis. Anything that either of them heard that was considered to be useful was passed on to the other. It was helpful to have pack scouts and other wolves in the pack to bring back information as well-Naniko didn't spend all of her time investigating the packs in the surrounding areas. She didn't have enough time to do that and take care of the group's needs. With the ranking system in Crimson Dreams, most everything was taken care of. Hunting, border-scouting, puppy-sitting, all of those things. But the pack had needs other than those. Emotional needs, physical healing needs, and the need for the feeling of family and friendship. She could help them with those.

"I'm Naniko D'angelo. Pleased to meet you." The luperci didn't see herself as something that was out of the ordinary. If anything she considered herself to be plain. She didn't have very many odd habits, didn't fight or provoke wolves into confrontations or arguments, and generally kept to herself. She healed and could speak in several different languages, but those weren't extraordinary feats compared to the others in the surrounding packs.

The tension that she was feeling from his posture seemed to slacken a bit as he relaxed, and she found a more amiable feeling creeping over her as their conversation continued. He was a strong wolf, like herself. Perhaps others who would seek to come into the territory without permission would think twice when faced with him. She did have a new portion of land to worry about marking and protecting, now that the pack had grown some. "Those sound good to me. Come inside." She said shortly, turning back toward the center of the lands.

It was unlikely that she would have turned anyone away now, when each pack was in need of members to protect their ever-growing borders. Perhaps he would go to a different pack if she didn't allow him to come into Crimson Dreams. "This pack is relatively new..but we have sixteen members. Seventeen, including you. Right now there are four pups running around the territory, my four, and my second-in-command is due to have some as well next month. Do you get along well with young ones?" She walked slowly, the jars in her backpack clinking together with each step that she took. If he didn't, then that was alright. But if he did, then it would be a plus. Crimson Dreams was in need of good hunters and scouts as well as puppysitters. Each rank had a bit of each duty in them.

"I will start you off as a Basic Officer, the rank that most new wolves are put at when they join the pack. From there you will prove, through your actions, whether you should move up in the pack or stay at a lower rank." She, Savina, and Anu paid attention to which wolves did what in the packlands. It was only fair to start each wolf at the same rank., If the wolf showed promise, they would receive a promotion to the next rank and have more duties.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.