Come Quick and Bring Your Gun
[html]

Sorry for the wait, my darliiiiiing. D:
+

Kansas had an unspoken history with Jazper. Whenever he saw the boy, he was reminded immediately of Lucifer. The two were alike with their dark coats and hulking frames, their strong and handsome faces. It left an unsettled feeling in the pit of his belly, like water swirling after being hit by a pebble. The night with Naniko and Lucifer was meaningless in the scheme of things. Meaningless to them, perhaps. But Kansas remembered. That was where he'd learned that he was attracted to males as well as females. That he'd felt his first attraction to a man. And the idea that he felt this way made him feel somewhat guilty to be in front of Jazper without the boy knowing any of this.

The white male tried to push these thoughts back into the recesses of his mind as he gazed at his pack mate. What was important now was the fact that his acquaintance was in trouble. Kansas knew what sadness was. He'd felt it before. That feeling of utter defeat, of brokenness. His first words were blunt, the first prick of the knife. As he told of Garnet's and his tragedy, Kansas immediately looked at the floor. He didn't know what to say. One arm hung limply at his side, his other hand grasping his elbow. There was never a gap in horrible things happening. Why couldn't there be?

Kansas looked up when he thought Jazper was through. "I'm so sor - " but he was interrupted. I bet your whole life is fucking sunshine and rainbows isn't it? The pale boy's mouth opened wordlessly. The words were the plunge of the blade... In the midst of the shock of hearing the anger in his fellow's voice, he did feel guilty. It truly wasn't fair that he should be doused with such blessings while Jazper writhed in the pain of his curses. Kansas felt like crying. He reached out to Jazper but then withdrew his hand, leaning instead against the doorsill. "No... Well, I... Jazper." He said his name and dropped his eyes slightly, then looked at the man, helpless. "I'm s-sorry that happened to you. That shouldn't have happened. Not to you... anyone..."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread