hold onto, holding onto you.
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
OoC: Kris invited me in! =D I live here too!

Slay's white-tipped ears twitched as he heard the door creak open, heard the hushed murmurs of a private conversation. He licked his lips, drowsily rolling onto his side. It was hard for the big male to wake up, considering that he constantly tread the line between wakefulness and sleep, and occasionally confused his dreams with reality. So... could he really be blamed for mistaking the pile of puppies for some convoluted dream-litter? His bleary ice-pale eyes slowly flickered open, studying the tiny wolves as they stumbled through the church, ushered in by Cercelee herself. They didn't look like his mate. Well, one of them was white, at least. One of them was black; maybe that one had inherited it from him? Since his father had been all black... wait, Cer hadn't been pregnant, had she? Not that he was aware of, anyway. Surely the small-framed Rosea would have shown some signs of carrying five children, would she not?

Grunting at the effort, the black-daubed Lupus rolled from the edge of the bed, blunt claws clicking against the stone floor. What exactly was going on here? Had his mate found Firefly's pups and brought them back here? Two of them were brown, he noted... Yawning deeply, the confused arctic wolf padded several steps closer to the sleepy siblings. They were such a patchwork of different colours, their pelts and eyes all mismatched. Either they had different sires, or their family tree was more complicated than his own. He blinked owlishly at the little ebony puppy, the only one still awake. She had not seen him yet, she was so focused on Cercelee. We... stay?

"Whoa, whoa, Cer, what's going on here? Who are these kids? Do you know their parents?" Slay suddenly interjected, dubious concern etched in his expression. He liked pups, but... Somehow the notion of five young children joining their relaxed lifestyle was less-than-appealing. Babysitting he didn't mind, but a permanent home? If he wasn't ready for his own children, how could he accept someone else's? He yawned again, struggling to maintain his own attentiveness. If this was real, he'd better not fall asleep!

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]

Messages In This Thread