hold onto, holding onto you.
[html]

Slaying the Dreamer
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ayeyes.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Cercelee was sure. Well, Cercelee always got what she wanted, the stubborn lass. Slay shook his head, smiling ruefully. This was going to be an adventure. He let his pale eyes flutter shut, offering a silent prayer to the sky. Oh, please don't let them rely too much on me...! I don't want to let anybody down!
He opened them again to watch the brother and the sister whisper to each other, clearly upset and confused. Of course they weren't going to be turned away - whether or not Cer's cousin had known, it was their pack policy to accommodate everyone that came to their borders. The puppies would have a home no matter what. But he had absolutely no inkling to what the language was that they rattled off so easily. He could only thank the fates that they had English names, and not something equally hard to wrap his tongue around.

Slay cringed as Catharsis addressed him directly. "Er... 'slay' as in... well... not killing wolves," he muttered, distressed that the small girl might see him as fearsome. The exact nuance of his full name was something he rarely explained, and it wasn't something the foreign girl would understand at this age. Maybe when she was older. That was a phrase he might find himself using more often. "I'm a hunter. I slay food... for others... Do you know the word 'hunt'?" He noticed Palindrome rubbing his head as if he had a headache, and Slay felt like doing the same. He was going to need some help with this instant fatherhood business. "Ceres and Slay Slay..." he repeated, glancing dolefully towards his mate. "Are those our names now? Or are we Mama and Papa? You tell me, I'm too tired to sort it out..."

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

[/html]

Messages In This Thread