Stop the Clocks, if i could....
[html]

omg the wait! Sorry about that.

She looked nervously, threading the possible questions he might have through her mind. She cringed internally as they passed one after another. But she kept face, knowing that it was more important that he knew then it was that she stay comfortable. Part wanted to jump and run, while the other wanted nothing more then to fall in a back hole and forget that he ever had a sexual thought.

Nodding, Anu reassured him of his belief. It would be, and its one of the greatest crimes. Her mind fell to a yote she had met, one that fought those who broke such rules. Haven would never be in trouble with a beast such as that, and the mother hoped that the two never even met. But with his next response Anu relaxed completely. A smile formed her mouth and she gave a small nod. Nothing trailed at the end, no other question that Anu would have to stumble over. No more wondering what to say and what to leave to the imagination.

The pause was short lived, as he spoke again. Her features perked, but as he asked her of her relationship Anu felt the tension return. There wasn’t dread attached to it, but a sorrow and regret that she could identify. It had never been there before, not like this. She had only known the dull pain, and the numbness that surrounded the entire situation. Silence filled the room, but she refused to look away. By the sound of his voice, there was also no running from the issue.

He had full right to know.

Taking a breath, Anu let whatever came to her fall from her mouth. Sometimes I don’t know Haven. She confessed. Thinking the words over in her head Anu found them inappropriate and fought to correct them. I still love her, just like I love you and Mati, Brooklyn and Salem. But, we couldn’t hold what we had together and drifted apart. Anu looked and hoped that there would be no pain in his face. I doesn’t mean we love you any less, because we aren’t together anymore. An apology hit her throat, but the mere idea of his disappointment made her clench her mouth. Tears threatened the boarders of her eyelids, and keeping silent was her only defense.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread