The Road and the Damned
[html]

It was name, she was sure of it. But what the single spaced letters R.I.P meant were still a mystery. Mati looked to the ground on which she stood, eyes trying to see passed the dirt and the box the body had been buried in. She wondered what would happen to her, when she died. It was a morbid thought that passed through her mind as quickly as it had appeared. Her thoughts were interrupted by a familiar bark. His voice echoed through the small clearing, and Mati turned with a smile on her lips. Haven entered her gaze and she gave him a push with her nose as he nuzzles her neck in greeting.

She was surprised herself, it was closest she had ever gotten to the city while alone. The place didn't remind her of the concrete jungle, though she would only venture into a cemetery during the day. Since the attack her views had changed. If home wasn't the secure place she had imagined, then she might as well find her own sanctuary. Not dwelling on the moment, Mati looked at her brother with a smile.

Yeah, I'm a little surprised myself. There was pride in her voice as she watched him, eying the thing on his back. What have you got there? Mati ask with a curious glint in her eye. What was he up to?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread