The Road and the Damned
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Kinda short and crappy, sorries D:

The boy thought it was a little strange that it hadn't all happened to them at the same time. They had all been born at the same time, so why wouldn't they all shift at the same time? For a second he thought it might have had something to do with "wanting it". He had wanted to be able to do it for a long time, almost as long as he could think back. But it was obvious that Mati wanted to be able to do it as well, so he couldn't imagine that that was the case. There were always so many questions and he wanted to know all the answers, but even some of the adults didn't know these things. "I'm sure it will happen soon, sis. Maybe you can make it happen for yourself, maybe you don't have to wait." While it had just sort of happened to him, maybe that wasn't the only way. Maybe if she just concentrated on shifting it would happen.

It had definitely been a surprise for him, there wasn't a question about that. "Yeah, it was a surprise. I felt really restless and then I looked up at the moon and it happened. I had forgotten that it was even time for us to be able to. It happened pretty easily though. It takes a while, but it's not bad." He had noticed the more he shifted the less time it took. Haven wanted to help her, but he didn't want to push her. If she wanted advice on what to do to start the shifting she would ask.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread