The Road and the Damned
[html]

i gotta be my own boss no matter what the cost

It was like he was suddenly bottled up inside. Like Mati had twisted his tongue, he even fought to retrieve his breath. She could imagine what it would be like if she stood in his shoes. Mati would hope and pray that whom ever she liked, or even loved, that Haven would approve of him. She would want them to be friends even. Holding his opinion so highly Mati couldn’t live with the idea that he didn’t find her choice to be a good one.

Yeah, I do. Mati replied with a small nod of her head and a smile wrapped along her mouth. Her voice was comforting, and she hoped to sound as truthful and sincere as she felt. Mati understood why he would be interested in when and how they met, but there was a different kind of concern in her brother’s voice. Something that she wasn’t used to when he spoke, like a lack in confidence. As soon as she knew I was Crimson Dreams, she asked if I knew you Her words were matter of fact and slipped easily from her mouth.

The next came a bit slower, thinking a little longer before saying them. She seemed well, why wouldn’t she be? The brown furred youth couldn’t imagine why she wouldn’t be. But they were friends now and was growing concerned, though not as concerned as Haven seemed to be.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread