Alone amidst the waves
ooc: Alright everybody, here's Ruri, the blind wolfXdog hybrid (mostly dog. I haven't worked out the exact genetics) She's quite emotional and has an intense fear of abandonment so...yeah
Word Count: 454

ic: The waves lapped up against the rocks as the bright sunlight warmed them. As the surf continued to rhythmically stroke the shore, a small figure stirred amidst the rocks. Her whole body was soaked with the salty brine of the ocean. Her slender body was sprawled out uncomfortably on the small patch of rock less sand where the ocean had been kind enough to place her. Her slate grey fur, greatly darkened in color due to its wetness, served as a convenient mechanism to chill the small female to the bone. With a pained moan, the fragile optime managed to roll herself onto her back only to groan once more as she became vividly aware of the numerous abrasions and bruises that littered her body. Despite the pain, however, the female managed to slowly force herself up only to crawl a few feet and collapse again from weakness. At least now the waves were not continually re-soaking the wounds on her legs from the rocks. Bewildered, the female's hands struggled to brush her long, wet bangs out of her face only to reveal her two pupil-less, pale blue eyes. Her gaze danced about randomly, with no apparent destination. This girl was blind.
"Wh-where am I?" the adolescent coughed, her throat sore from the salt water she had ingested during her battle with the sea the night before. The question took on new meaning as the girl perked her half-folded, obviously non-lupine, ears to listen for any familiar voices in the nearby area. Her heightened senses of hearing detected only the ocean. She would have sniffed the air as well if her nose were not so sore. Salt water, while she loved to be around it, being in it for a whole night had not been enjoyable. "Where is everyone? Jacquez...?" she called out her friend's name to again only hear the waves answer back. She was alone. The realization came quite quickly, but the distress came slowly. Despite the protests of her weak, sore body, the tiny optime slowly sat up, groping around in the sand as far as she could reach. Perhaps her some of her other friends were all unconscious and lying around beside her. If they were she would be able to feel them. Her sensitive hands felt nothing but sand and warm rocks.
"Please...where is everyone?" She pleaded, her voice cracking as her useless eyes began to tear up. "I...I can't be alone again," she sniffed, tears beginning to stream down her face as she sat there, curled up in the sand, her long wet hair clinging to her even more soaked fur. Her bushy wolf-like tail was curled around her feet as the adolescent girl sat there and cried.

Messages In This Thread