Alone amidst the waves
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
OMFG. I had my reply all written up and was just previewing it and then Firefox crashed. FML. -_-;
300+

Haven had begun to take slow steps away when he heard footsteps headed towards him. He turned to look just in time to see Firefly walk in front of him and grab a hold of one of his arms. The soft growl that he had heard in her throat made his ears fold back against his head. He wasn't looking for a fight and he wouldn't hit a girl. He didn't even understand what he had done to make her so upset. At her initial question an answer quickly stumbled out of his mouth. "A lot." It was simple and concise, but it was true. The issues that burdened him and drug him down were numerous.

The fact that she thought that his leaving had anything to do with Ruri shocked and upset him. It had nothing to do with that sweet girl and everything to do with that scarred witch that apparently Firefly called "friend". "Their worth? What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with Ruri! She's a sweet girl and I don't want to leave, but I got the impression back there that I wasn't needed. It was probably right too." He was a wreck and he knew it. "My whole world just fell apart on me. Everything I thought I knew and everything I was is gone now. This is all that's left," he said, gesturing to his haggard and somewhat emaciated form.

"And I know. I should just move on. Get over it. Don't you think I'd like to? I can't! I don't know where to go from here. I have nothing. This is not the type of thing you just 'get over'. I never want to hurt anyone, but with recent facts that have come to light, I'm not sure I'm capable of that anymore. Believe me, I know how pathetic I am. I hate myself, but that doesn't mean I need to be reminded of it." It was clear he was talking about the red girl as his jaw clenched. "If you guys hadn't come around, I would have taken care of her, or found her someone that could. But you two seem like you have things handled so I have nothing else to contribute. I can't even take care of myself, how could I take care of her?" That lost and sad look entered his eyes again. She'd probably yell at him and tell him to get over himself, but it was true. All that he had said was the truth.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread