sweet blowing wind, take me away
[html]

WC: 427

The morning sun was just beginning to warm up, evaporating the wet dew that clung to the blades of grass. It would be a hot sunny day, if the clear blue sky had anything to say about it. Colibri was already outdoors this morning, quietly toiling in the soil outside of the house she shared with the pack Shaman, Deuce Rhiannon. Today, today was the day, she told herself firmly, bright blue eyes determined. Today she would make the trek to Crimson Dreams. She had to! It had been nearly a month since she had met Anu, and she had never come close to visiting the wolf again. It would be a lovely day today, and she had waited long enough, and she could not get Anu's face out of her mind, so - today would be the day. Haven had given her instructions - there was nothing to fear. She just had to go.

But first she wanted to work on her garden...
The cocoa-brown werewolf straightened up, purveying her handiwork. She had collected wildflowers from Flander's Field and from the copse of forest nearby, creating a neat flowerbed along the faded white picket fence that encompassed Deuce's yard. The flowers were somewhat wilted and mismatched; she had not known Deuce's tastes, and decided to try a little bit of everything. A small frown flitted across her countenance. She would need to try harder. Henratha Gyrkin had promised to help her build a greenhouse, but certainly not for this pitiful crop of pansies. Sighing, she patted the dried mud from her slender hands, before smoothing her long silken mane. If she was going to go anywhere today, she'd need to clean up first.

In no hurry, the introverted werewolf stepped lightly down the path into town, her cream-furred footpaws treading silently on the worn dirt. She was generally a quiet person in every aspect, although she had a habit of talking to herself. "It's n-not a big deal," she murmured under her breath, letting her bright gaze wander to the scudding clouds above her. "Just come to the borders and howl, that's what he told you to do. And then Anu will come. And then... and then I don't know, probably chase me away. I wouldn't want to see me. What am I supposed to say...?" She continued her soft mumbling monologue until she drew nearer to the riverwater, intending to wash her muddy hands and knees. There was still plenty of time today to figure out what to say. No need to leave right away...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread