sweet blowing wind, take me away
[html]

WC: 427

The morning sun was just beginning to warm up, evaporating the wet dew that clung to the blades of grass. It would be a hot sunny day, if the clear blue sky had anything to say about it. Colibri was already outdoors this morning, quietly toiling in the soil outside of the house she shared with the pack Shaman, Deuce Rhiannon. Today, today was the day, she told herself firmly, bright blue eyes determined. Today she would make the trek to Crimson Dreams. She had to! It had been nearly a month since she had met Anu, and she had never come close to visiting the wolf again. It would be a lovely day today, and she had waited long enough, and she could not get Anu's face out of her mind, so - today would be the day. Haven had given her instructions - there was nothing to fear. She just had to go.

But first she wanted to work on her garden...
The cocoa-brown werewolf straightened up, purveying her handiwork. She had collected wildflowers from Flander's Field and from the copse of forest nearby, creating a neat flowerbed along the faded white picket fence that encompassed Deuce's yard. The flowers were somewhat wilted and mismatched; she had not known Deuce's tastes, and decided to try a little bit of everything. A small frown flitted across her countenance. She would need to try harder. Henratha Gyrkin had promised to help her build a greenhouse, but certainly not for this pitiful crop of pansies. Sighing, she patted the dried mud from her slender hands, before smoothing her long silken mane. If she was going to go anywhere today, she'd need to clean up first.

In no hurry, the introverted werewolf stepped lightly down the path into town, her cream-furred footpaws treading silently on the worn dirt. She was generally a quiet person in every aspect, although she had a habit of talking to herself. "It's n-not a big deal," she murmured under her breath, letting her bright gaze wander to the scudding clouds above her. "Just come to the borders and howl, that's what he told you to do. And then Anu will come. And then... and then I don't know, probably chase me away. I wouldn't want to see me. What am I supposed to say...?" She continued her soft mumbling monologue until she drew nearer to the riverwater, intending to wash her muddy hands and knees. There was still plenty of time today to figure out what to say. No need to leave right away...

[/html]
[html]

600+

Catalyst had slept in for most of the morning’s duration, snuggled against the warmth and comfort of Cercelee on one side, and the rest of her siblings on all other corners. It wasn’t until early afternoon the first born of the de Sadira litter awoke, nudging and shoving aside her brothers and sisters to escape from slumber and trot out through the church doors to welcome the day ahead. Her one cerulean and other steel silver eye squinted painfully at the blinding light of the outdoors, taking a moment to adjust to the day. Giving a sideways glance back, there was a minute of contemplation of staying with her family in the church today, perhaps rousing up a game to play with her siblings, or it was decided to go out and see what else she could explore for today. Seeing as how Catalyst has had amusement for the duration of several days venturing out on her own and learning different concepts about the world around her (not to mention meeting new individuals along the way), she figured that going out to explore would prove to be more useful at this day than spending time with her siblings, as she could always see and play with them when she returned home. Slipping off the steps of the church before anyone could see her depart from there, the oldest of the litter was off to embark on a sunny day.

Where Catalyst was heading, well, that was decided upon the path beneath her paws, and also of her paws themselves. There had already been several areas of Dahlia de Mai she explored thoroughly lately, consisting of Oberon’s Spring, St. Pipen’s Vineyard, and Whisper Beach. It seemed like a suitable day enough to stay within the area that was the main town of Dahlia, seeing as how her last expenditure around the town consisted during nightfall with Avarice after curfew. Skipping along with a bounce in her step, she was in the process of becoming fully awake as the sun was warming her ivory pelt, sending a healthy sheen of silver to bask through it, flashing with every stride she took. Catalyst merely took to sightseeing around the town at this point, until a peculiar garden happened to catch her dual hued eyes not too far away. Seeing as how there was a darker werewolf figure in the distance departing from this garden, Catalyst decided to creep up from behind and give a gander over the fence (or really, what she could see, since she was still so small). The very tops of an assortment of flowers, all different colors, likes, and smells. Nothing that was too special, but Catalyst wanted to get a closer look.

Coming around the fence to the entrance of the garden, it seemed as if the soil was recently sowed. She tested it by putting one paw in, feeling it slightly sink with the soft dirt. There were a couple of bright flowers nearby, one that specifically stood out that was blue and white (just like her eyes! And one that matched the flower in this table!) Seeing this, Catalyst took no hesitation by plucking the flower out from the soil and taking it in her mouth. Turning her head back to where the werewolf disappeared to, she decided to follow the individual in skipping tow. It didn’t take too long before she met up with the tawny werewolf at the river bank, her ears perking as she heard the woman’s voice talking… to herself? Hopefully she wouldn’t be mad that Catalyst decided to remove a flower from her hard worked garden, but the pup was curious to know what kind of flower this was that matched her eyes. ”’Scuse me, ‘scuse me!” She called out among the flower still in her jaws, bouncing to a stop not too far away. ”Wha’ kind of flower is this?” She inquired, and to state her point, her head and muzzle lifted a little more, as if to show the flower at a better view from her jaws.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 442

The morning was peaceful thus far, tranquil enough to give her the illusion of solitude. Birds chirped and fluttered in the trees above, putting finishing touches on the nests they had been toiling on all spring. The sun felt warm to her cheeks, and she took a moment to absorb it, feeling a rare moment of relaxation. Maybe she felt calmer now, having reached the decision to go see her phantasm of a lover. Or perhaps it was simply the calm before the storm, and her neuroses would return in full force as soon as she stepped foot across the pack borders.

Coli delicately gathered her silky mane to one side, twisting it to keep it above the river, and had just submerged her muddy fingers when an unfamiliar pup bounded noisily forward. She squeaked in surprise, accidentally spraying water into her own face as her arms jerked forward, inadvertently startling herself even more. "Wh...! Haahhh...." She exhaled deeply, feeling her heart racing erratically in her chest. What a way to start her day! "I'm s-sorry if I scared you as well, little one... Have we met before? You can call me Coli... You... look a lot like Deuce and Taliesin," the werewolf stammered, confused all over again. Who was this little girl? She had a bit of an accent, not one that Coli could place. Finally, the tongue-tied girl shook her head, brushing her feathered bangs from her eyes. "S-sorry! Your fl-flower, right. That looks like... a violet... no, a periwinkle? I think so, but I'm not certain. I found one of those in - wait, did you take that from my garden?"

Realization finally dawned on her as the smudges of soil on the wispy-white fur smelled the same as the ones on her own knees. What if that had been nightshade, a very similar blossom? This little pup could have died right in front of her...! Her thoughts flicked to Willow, her baby sister of the same age, and felt a queasiness in her sensitive stomach. "D-don't... go into the garden again, okay...? Some of the flowers there are... very bad for little ones. You'll get sick if you taste them..." Still seated gracefully at the edge of the river, Coli folded her hands over one knee, biting her lip. She loved children, but things were so awkward around them. She did not want to lecture anyone, let alone someone else's daughter, but flowers weren't good for wolves. They were her creepy hobby - she never meant to get anyone else involved, but it just seemed to happen. "B-but... you can keep that one. Periwinkle. If you like it..."

[/html]
[html]

500+

For the woman's reaction that was to come, Catalyst wasn't expecting the woman to be so startled as she was initially. At her squeak, the ivory girl nearly jumped out of her own fur, stumbling back a couple steps. clutching the flower even tighter in her grasp as if it was a life line to her. Watching with wide two-toned eyes, the woman happened to spray herself, in which Catalyst couldn't help but softly start to giggle at this, as suddenly frightening as her reaction was. Catalyst kept her new distance, however, as the pup was unsure of what other surprises were to come from her.

As soon as she began to speak, though, it seemed as if her voice was kind, apologetic. She stated she might have seen Catalyst around before, but to the pup, this was an entirely new adult to meet (and didn't remember seeing any of the such of this woman in the church with Cercelee at the time). The one who called herself Coli said Catalyst looked like someone of... Deuce and Taliesin, was it? A mask of confusion overtook her china doll facade, as the names were just as unfamiliar as Coli was. "Coli? N-No... I don' know who Deuce an' Taliesin are. 'm Catalyst de Sadira. Cercelee is my mot—" Her sentence suddenly stopped short, however, catching her tongue before anything else was said. Mother? No, Cercelee wasn't her real mother. Her real mother couldn't be replaced. "—er, guardian." Catalyst corrected at the instant.

After names and introductions were shortly introduced, Coli began to answer Catalyst's initial question about the flower. So, it was a... periwinkle, was it? The name of it made her slightly giggle, as she never heard of such a word before. "Peri... winkle." She repeated among the flower in her mouth, smiling as the word was certainly funny upon her tongue. Suddenly though, it seemed as if Coli instantly recognized this periwinkle flower from her garden, and at those words Catalyst lowered everything about her (ears, paws, head, tail) to where she was merely hugging the ground and giving an apprehensive look to Coli. Great, so she figured it out, hopefully she wouldn't give a lashing, or a very stern scolding like her mother used to.

Keeping low as Coli registered her flower from her garden, she explained to the de Sadira how it wasn't a good thing to trespass in her garden again. Her scolding wasn't that bad, but she spoke of plants and flowers that might make the little one sick. Keeping herself still low, Catalyst couldn't help but mutter an apology. Coli seemed awfully nice, and was only heeding her of danger. "S-Sorry..." She said, her dual hued eyes glittering with intense puppy innocence and forgiveness. However, Coli offered her to keep this particular periwinkle, in which Catalyst lightened up a little bit at. Her stub of a tail began to wag mildly. "R-Really? Thank you's. I... I think... i'll put it back later." As pretty as it was really, Catalyst figured it wouldn't do any good for her to keep it, seeing as how Coli was a pretty and nice adult, and stealing from her garden only made Catalyst look like she was being rude. "Wha'... flowers are bad for you?" She then asked out of the blue, actually wondering what sort of flowers would make one sick. They all seemed so pretty and harmless to her.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 423
OoC: It is a really pretty table! Smile

Cercelee. Coli felt the familiar pang of guilt whenever her best friend's name was mentioned - and of course, why didn't she think of that before? Cer had adopted a litter of her cousin's children - and since they too were cousins, this Catalyst was a distant relative. She could catch the faint aroma of the church wafting about her thin ivory coat, the warm friendly scent of littermates and safety. She was a lucky girl to have stumbled into such a loving foster home, even if her real family hadn't wanted her. And Cercelee was doubly lucky, having a mate and children and everything Coli wanted in life, achieving it all so effortlessly. Trying to pull away from the bitter line of thought, the conflicted werewolf patted the grass beside her, hoping that her new little friend would stay a while. She did love children, especially pretty little girls like Willow and Zana and now Catalyst. They had so much more spirit than she did, although that wasn't always the case."Periwinkle can give you a tummy-ache... You might want to rinse your mouth out in the stream," she said, a small smile forming on her delicate muzzle. Forgiveness was granted without a second thought. "But usually, they can only hurt you if you eat them. So don't try to taste any, no matter how colourful!"

Catalyst bounced back from her chastisement almost instantly, promising to return the offending blossom to its home. It wasn't necessary, but it was a sweet gesture nonetheless. Living up to her name as an initiator, the bold child wagged her tail and asked for more, eager to learn. If not for her accent, Coli would never have guessed that she spoke another tongue - she had a better vocabulary than Emwe! "What flowers are bad for you? Well, let's see... You know daffodils? The big yellow flowers, with the thick stalks? The bulb is poisonous," she revealed, sky-blue eyes light with interest. She did love to talk botany, although usually children were the only ones to return her fascination. Then again, she had been younger than Cat when someone had taught her the same lessons. "Have you ever heard of jimson weed, nightshade, or rhubarb? Those three are some of the most dangerous! I don't have any of those in my garden, so I can't show you..." She sounded almost disappointed. Those were the potent sort of beauties that she would need gloves to handle - they were greenhouse material, for sure. Such an obscure hobby...

[/html]
[html]

Thank you. <3 I need to get me an avatar like you have, those are so cool! 500+

Twitching a fine small ear, it appeared to be that periwinkle flowers were one of the types of flowers which gave one mild sickness, in this case a tummy ache. Oh, Catalyst didn't like those whatsoever. At the very mention of it, she let her muzzle fall close to the ground, and it was then she mildly spat out her flower (not in a rude gesture, but enough to where she wanted to rid it of its taste from the stem that was gathering on her tongue already from her grasp of holding it long enough in her jaws). Seemingly it was a much better idea now to put this flower back than keep it, being that it associated with not so pleasant tummy aches.

Obeying what Coli said about washing her mouth out thereafter, Catalyst then padded to the very stream she was situated next to, and dipped her muzzle down to the fast moving current to playfully bite at the waters that were rushing past. She got a good mouthful of water, not to mention dampening and matting the fur all around her muzzle and neck region. Once she figured that her washing of her tongue and mouth was good enough and the taste was gone, she gave a quick shake before smiling up at the adult, her tail in tow of wagging. "Yes. Meats taste much better than flowers." She complied, vowing herself to stay clear of munching on any flowers she happened to come across next time.

As Coli began to explain just what flowers were no good to eat, the young girl couldn't help but study the adult. She was pretty, with fur almost similar to that of her sister's, Avarice's fur. Her eyes were of a profound and bright blue, just like Cercelee's was, but perhaps matching the sky even more. Catalyst couldn't remember at this point in time. Describing daffodils, the word was certainly foreign, but her description made her realize what flower she was talking about. Yes, she's seen those around before! "Oh." She said at first, simply. "Th' big yellow ones, right? I've played with those before..." Having a perfect picture in her mind as to which ones those were, Catalyst would make sure next time to think twice about playing with the bulb of the daffodils (she mainly liked to pick them out of the ground and run around with them, but even still, the warning was still enough to avoid).

As Coli began to list even more flowers, unfortunately none sounded recognizable to her by name. The best option for the pup would be to describe what they were, as there were plenty of English words and names not yet added to her vocabulary yet. The three she mentioned she didn't have in her garden anyway, so Catalyst couldn't be sure which ones she was referring to. She shook her head gently. "I don' know none of those. So which ones are good then tha' you have?" She suddenly became interested more in the ones that weren't doomed to make you sick.

[/html]
[html]

OoC: Coli's was drawn by Requiem! You can buy one through the DdM game points, or through commission. Big Grin
WC: 410

It was charming, watching the wisp-furred wolf pup trundle to the stream's edge, washing herself clumsily and playing in the crisp water. Coli had always been enchanted by children. Their innocence, their bold purity, it was a cherubic idealism that she held onto, that she liked to be around. She wanted someday to be a mommy, to surround herself with that shawl of goodness and have the adorable little mites love her unconditionally. She was too inexperienced to see the hardships and responsibility; only what was cute and heart-warming. She would have paid dearly to be the one to adopt the de Sadira family, rather than her calm and collected cousin - but she also knew it was better that they have as strong a role model as Cercelee, instead of her wishy-washy indecisiveness. The willowy Optime scooped up the abandoned flower in her hands, scraping a small hole in the ground to replant it. It could flourish here by the stream, a colour-coded memento of their encounter.

"I think everybody plays with the big yellow ones," she said with a chuckle. Henratha had mentioned a puphood memory of unearthing a daffodil and trying to eat it. They were just the right height and size to make them irresistible to little ones. "It's okay as long as you don't eat the roots." Catalyst's expression remained blank as Coli listed off the names of various flora. She hadn't expected the youth to recognize them only by title, but it did still slow her down, trying to think of a good way to describe everything. The lessons were not as interesting without visual aids. The girl's shiny silver-and-blue gaze brightened, though, as she asked a clever question. Instead of saying the bad ones, why not show the good ones?

Colibri smiled, leaning forward onto her stomach on the grass. Her tail swished lazily from side to side, hind legs crossing up behind her. "Okay, Catalyst! Do you know what a dandy-lion looks like? Those are fun to play with - you can blow their seeds everywhere, and play tug-of-war with their tough roots! Or, let me think... Ferns! The tall green leaves, with the spindly little curls at the ends, those are safe to chew on. There are plenty that are normal. Don't worry!" She crossed her arms in front of her, settling her cream-furred chin atop her forearms. If brave little Cat wanted to play, Coli would be happy to oblige.

[/html]
[html]

Thanks for the info, i'll have to look into it. (: And I have to say that I like your new avatar too! 400+

Feeling the crisp waters of the stream wash of the soil that tainted her immaculate white fur (and even all the while, there was still a faded stain present, for white fur was a bit tedious to wash completely clean), Catalyst remained at the shallow of the stream’s edge, feeling the waters quite rejuvenating and pleasant to her, despite how naturally bitter and cold it was. Observing as Coli scooped up the torn flower and then established a brand new home for it, the ivory girl suddenly felt a little sorry for the lone flower. “Will th’ flower be okay now? Won’ it be lonely by itself out here?” There was no lively garden to where it could reside with the rest of the swaying flowers, and Catalyst was worried that maybe the flower would perish away from its solitude.

Keeping in mind that the big fluffy like yellow flowers were alright to slight tamper with as long as one didn’t ingest the roots of them, it was somewhat interesting and fun to Catalyst to be learning about different types of flowers and some of the traits about them that went beyond their pretty looks and sweet smells. Coli seemed to know quite a bit about several flowers (with naming their official names right off the top of her head), and for this Catalyst admired her knowledge greatly. “Wow, do you know ‘bout every flower there is?” Catalyst had seen so many different kinds of flowers, she truly wondered how many were in the world altogether! “How many flowers are there in th’ world?!” She made her thoughts vocal, eager to hear Coli’s answer (if there was an exact answer) to the population of flowers. Catalyst knew there were more than meets the eyes, but just how many in all? It was like a great mystery to the mind of a pup!

With Coli explaining more flowers in detail, luckily she was able to recognize the first type Coli spoke about. “Oh! I know’s of those! Th’ ones tha’ fly away right? Yeah! Those tickle my nose an’ make me sneeze, but they’re fun.” Catalyst replied with a goofy, wolfish grin to her wolven lips. At the second description of ferns, it took a second for her to think about it, but finally recognized what those were, recalling some seen in Flander’s Field. “Yeah, I think I know about those too. Th’ ones in Flander’s Fields, right? Lotsa’ animals live in those.” She would know, for spending hours frolicking through the tall grasses, she scared most of its inhabitants out. Seeing as how Coli looked reassured and relaxed, Catalyst remained with her paws in the stream, splashing around as she did so. “Where’d you’s learn all this stuff ‘bout th’ flowers?” Coli seemed very smart for her kind, and wanted to know where she got her knowledge from.

[/html]
[html]

-hugs-
WC: 600+

Blue-and-silver eyes watched her intently as she finished setting the periwinkle plant in the soil. She stretched out her arm, dipping her cupped hand into the streamwater. "The flower will be fine, silly. If it gets lonely, it will scatter seeds and grow more friends around it!" Coli let the water trickle through her fingers to dampen the earth near the flimsy stem, leaving a puddle of mud that slowly filtered into the ground. She shouldn't have to water it like she did her garden, but it was mere habit. That would perk it up sooner, and then the puppy slobber wouldn't weigh down its forlorn leaves.

Colibri couldn't keep the happy smile from her delicate countenance, as she lay comfortably on her cream-furred tummy in the grass. "How many? Catalyst, there are more flowers in the world than there are wolves, by a lot! I couldn't begin to count them all. Every climate, every habitat, they support different kinds of plants... and I've never been much farther than over the mountain," she divulged, gesturing the direction vaguely with a hand. The northern forests, the stormy coastline, the rocky cliffs, those were the extent of her knowledge. She had never seen the sunny deserts, the steamy tropics, the colourful worlds underwater, and the countless other nooks and crannies hidden from a homebody like herself. It was fun to imagine, though. "I learned mostly by myself, collecting them and growing them, but... the names and the facts I was taught by my birth pack. M-my mom, she... she died right after I was born, but her pack looked after me for the early months of my life, trying to teach me what they could. Then..." Her smile grew sad, bitter, as she tried to picture those faces. She could not. It was just too long ago. She could remember the strict teachings they had instilled, but her faded memories did not include the names or relations of the religious family that cast her out. Coli had never known her mother enough to miss her, but she did mourn the loss of a parent that might have loved her. "Well, then they gave me back to my father. And then he gave me to another pack. And then I went back to him, and he left me again. Sometimes it's hard to feel needed in this world, Cat, but we can't give up hope..." She sighed heavily, not having meant to dredge up her past again. It was a heavy burden to her, but with each friendly face she met, she began to feel a bit more comfortable with her lot in life. Very few pups were lucky enough to have a happy childhood these days. She shouldn't be so serious around the snowy-white girl, though, she was bound to depress her if she kept talking about abandonment. Maybe she'd rather talk about her new family with Cercelee instead.

"You know, when I was your age, I grew up with Cercelee," she admitted shyly, watching the cheerful pup splash about in the shallow water. Would it surprise Catalyst to learn that her guardian had been raised by a guardian as well? She couldn't remember much as to why Cer's parents had given her up - they had both been too young at the time, really. But on some inexplicable whim, Haku Soul had agreed to raise the two girls, when he hadn't wanted children in the first place. "I still think of her as my sister, or at least my best friend. I didn't have any littermates." She knew Cat did, although not how many. She remembered seeing the colourful little faces at the last pack gathering, along with Conor and Emwe, her baby brothers whom she was not allowed to spend time with unless she snuck them out. Families were so complicated...

[/html]
[html]

400+

Colibri assured that the flower would be fine, given in due time that it would disperse its seeds and make more of its kind in the area. At the word of silly, Catalyst couldn't help but smile up to the adult and softly laugh. "Do you's think that it will make seeds... soon?" Catalyst wasn't entirely sure how fast the seeding process worked for flower, and come to think about it, she didn't even know what a baby flower looked like! That would be a sight to see, and hopefully Colibri would be able to explain that part of it to her.

Catalyst was surprised to hear that there were more flowers in the world than wolves. Wow, that was a big number then! Well, Catalyst knew that lots of flowers grew together, but with the way Colibri put it how there were different ones for different climates and habitats, that seemed to be like a lot more than Catalyst could ever fathom. "Have you's gotten around t' seeing every flower in the world yet?" She asked with a tilt of her head, wondering if since Colibri was the flower expert, then maybe she seen every kind of flower there was in the world already. That in itself would be very impressive to the pup!

Listening as Colibri shared a snippet of her life story up until this point, Catalyst listened with interested ears, and finding quite a bit of relation between the two. Seems like Colibri didn't really grow up with a mommy either. Catalyst had felt an instant connection with herself and Colibri right there, based off that fact, just because she knew what it was like to live without your mommy. At least Catalyst didn't feel so alone anymore in the world, that there were others who were in the same position as herself (and would come to realize that there were indeed many more that were in her position). As Colibri said that one couldn't give hope, Catalyst smiled at this, but couldn't help to then feel down slightly after. "I know's. But... I really miss my mommy..." Catalyst tried to be the strong one out of her siblings, but sometimes it gradually tore her down too.

Suddenly, Catalyst was rather shocked to hear that Colibri had been raised by Cercelee as well? Her eyes widened, she couldn't believe what she heard. "Wha'? Really?" But Colibri was an adult, Cercelee was an adult... how old was Colibri really? Might not be that old, since Cercelee didn't look like she was terribly old. And, it was also surprising to hear that Colibri had been an only child. What a life that must have been! The ivory girl then giggled at this. "Tha's so strange! But it's funny too! Did she spoil you's too?" Cercelee always spoiled Catalyst and her siblings with lavish rabbit meals.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: Again, sorry for the delay! Sad My last post, hope to have more in the future. Cat is such a sweet character... <3
WC: 700+

Coli studied the small plant for a moment, trying to remember specifics about it. Most plants dropped their seeds before the first frost of winter, so that their seedlings could sprout in the warmth of spring. She did not recall whether the periwinkle propagated in that fashion, though. "I'm not sure," she admitted, brushing her feathered bangs from her eyes, "but I do know that periwinkles are perennial. That means they'll survive the winter, every year... You can come back and visit this flower once you're all big and grown up!" A pleased smile wreathed her muzzle, finding the fun fact to be very appealing indeed. It was sad to watch winter snow decimate all the low-growing plants, and have to start from scratch in the following spring. Loyal perennials that returned year after year, well, that was the dream. "And I could never see all the flowers in the world, even if I devoted my life to travel. That's the fun of it - you'll always find a new one, no matter how many you've seen already!" She had never strayed far from her corner of the world. Maybe someday it would be fun to do just that, to travel and see the sights that nature had provided...

They fell silent for a moment, thoughts of bereavement and abandonment plaguing their minds. It was a hard thing to overcome - Coli was proof that even as a grown adult, the feelings could never really go away. Not without finding something or someone to fill the gap. She sighed heavily, nodding in agreement as Cat voiced her sadness. "Of course you do," she replied, not expecting anything less. She was a brave little girl to put on such a strong facade, braver than Coli. Deciding it was unfair to dwell on the melancholy topic, the werewolf shared her tidbit about Cercelee - but Cat misunderstood her story, and it took Coli a moment to understand where she went wrong. Tilting her head quizzically, the older werewolf tried to repair the conversation, "Did she spoil... oh! Oh no, Cat, she didn't raise me! That would be funny and weird! No, she and I are the same age - I meant that we grew up side-by-side, like sisters. She was adopted. Sorry about that!" She was quick to apologize, not wanting confusion to last any longer than it had to. The small girl had grown adept at speaking the native tongue here - Coli had already forgotten what her curious accent really meant. She should have been more clear with her explanation. She just thought it might amuse the de Sadira to learn how similar she and her guardian were.

The sun was high when she glanced upward again, surprised by how quickly the day had flown by. If she was going to visit Crimson Dreams, she had better get moving - it was a long walk from here, and she was bound to get a little lost on the way, and what if darkness fell on her way home? Coli was not afraid of the dark, but nor was she fond of it, strongly preferring the safety of visibility that the sun's light granted her. She would have to steel her nerves and go, now, or she'd never make it... "I'm sorry, Catalyst, but there's somewhere I need to be," she admitted guiltily, rising to her knees to brush the grass stains from her light-furred tummy. "It was such a pleasure to meet you, though... tell Cercelee I said 'hi'?" she added shyly, biting her lip. She needed to work on mending that friendship, although little Zana had helped them take a great step in the right direction. Now that they were speaking again, Coli wanted to become more involved, at least a little. Maybe, if Alexey was busy with Conor and Emwe, Colibri could be the caregiver for Catalyst and her siblings? She had never held a co-rank before... She reached out hesitantly to ruffle the ivory girl's ears, marveling at the soft velvety fur. "If you ever want to visit again, you know where I live now," she added, hopefulness lifting her delicate voice. She liked getting diminutive visitors, to impart some of her useless knowledge and to enjoy their exuberance. Catalyst had brightened her day!

[/html]
[html]

Perfect, thanks for threadding as always! <3 600+

Catalyst listened closely as Colibri mustered up the information and knowledge of the small plant. Once Colibri began explaining herself, Catalyst narrowed her ears and head forward to listen. New vocabulary words in English were making themselves known to her, in which the world perennial was enticingly new to use, but very foreign and easily forgettable. With the little fun fact that Colibri provided on flowers surviving the winter's cold and then later coming up again once the new year rolled through, Catalyst was actually intrigued by the thought of seeing new flowers by the time she was an adult. The very thought made her excited, for when next spring and summer rolled around, she would be all grown up. "Wow! I can't wait then! I'll be all grown up, an' so will the flowers too, with me!" She exclaimed quite happily, liking the thought of her aging along with certain feature of the earth. Everything was growing up and maturing, and eventually it would become her time to as well. To be an adult, it seemed mystic at this point, and Catalyst simply couldn't wait until she was just as old as Colibri was, and hoped then that she also had her share knowledge of plants and whatnot like Colibri did as well.

Flowers, there were endless species just as there were endless species of animals, insects, fish, you name it. It would certainly be a feat to dedicate one's life to traveling the world to seek out each and every individual plant there was, but then again unless one was a die hard botanist of such, such a thing wouldn't make sense to do if there was no underlying purpose behind it, whether it was for professional use or self fulfillment. "I wan' to see as many as I can then, as many as you have seen." Most importantly she wanted to be on the same page as Colibri, just because when she did learn about flowers, the two of them could one day discuss the flowers they know and have interesting conversations.

At the topic of her mother, it would hopefully be a wind that was quick to pass, in which it would when maturity and time moved along. Catalyst absolutely hated feeling the way she did about her mother, and Colibri at least reassured her and moved onto the next topic before getting too indulged in it (which would only make the ivory girl even more upset). Mishearing what Colibri originally told about growing up with Cercelee, Catalyst giggled at her mistake, and felt foolish for such. "Oh! 'm so sorry, I thought she raised you too! But... tha's funny you were like sisters." In which that was even more of an interesting fact, and only wished that Catalyst had been around to see such a thing. They probably fought like her own sisters did too. She giggled at the thought of such.

Catalyst wanted to question more about Colibri growing up alongside Cercelee, but it was her time to go. As much as the news was indeed saddening, it was of course something that needed to be done, and there were always more days in the future to where the two would be able to meet and talk again. Hopefully the next time around Catalyst could have some stuff to tell Colibri about flowers she discovered. "Awh, alright. An' I will. An' i'll come back sometime! An' you're very nice, Miss Coli!" Catalyst said, bidding her goodbyes until it was just herself that was by the river, and so happened to carry forth along her way, interesting in finding new species of flowers and plants so she could show Colibri what she found and learned the next time around.

[/html]