sweet blowing wind, take me away
[html]

WC: 423
OoC: It is a really pretty table! Smile

Cercelee. Coli felt the familiar pang of guilt whenever her best friend's name was mentioned - and of course, why didn't she think of that before? Cer had adopted a litter of her cousin's children - and since they too were cousins, this Catalyst was a distant relative. She could catch the faint aroma of the church wafting about her thin ivory coat, the warm friendly scent of littermates and safety. She was a lucky girl to have stumbled into such a loving foster home, even if her real family hadn't wanted her. And Cercelee was doubly lucky, having a mate and children and everything Coli wanted in life, achieving it all so effortlessly. Trying to pull away from the bitter line of thought, the conflicted werewolf patted the grass beside her, hoping that her new little friend would stay a while. She did love children, especially pretty little girls like Willow and Zana and now Catalyst. They had so much more spirit than she did, although that wasn't always the case."Periwinkle can give you a tummy-ache... You might want to rinse your mouth out in the stream," she said, a small smile forming on her delicate muzzle. Forgiveness was granted without a second thought. "But usually, they can only hurt you if you eat them. So don't try to taste any, no matter how colourful!"

Catalyst bounced back from her chastisement almost instantly, promising to return the offending blossom to its home. It wasn't necessary, but it was a sweet gesture nonetheless. Living up to her name as an initiator, the bold child wagged her tail and asked for more, eager to learn. If not for her accent, Coli would never have guessed that she spoke another tongue - she had a better vocabulary than Emwe! "What flowers are bad for you? Well, let's see... You know daffodils? The big yellow flowers, with the thick stalks? The bulb is poisonous," she revealed, sky-blue eyes light with interest. She did love to talk botany, although usually children were the only ones to return her fascination. Then again, she had been younger than Cat when someone had taught her the same lessons. "Have you ever heard of jimson weed, nightshade, or rhubarb? Those three are some of the most dangerous! I don't have any of those in my garden, so I can't show you..." She sounded almost disappointed. Those were the potent sort of beauties that she would need gloves to handle - they were greenhouse material, for sure. Such an obscure hobby...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread