sweet blowing wind, take me away
[html]

ooc: Again, sorry for the delay! Sad My last post, hope to have more in the future. Cat is such a sweet character... <3
WC: 700+

Coli studied the small plant for a moment, trying to remember specifics about it. Most plants dropped their seeds before the first frost of winter, so that their seedlings could sprout in the warmth of spring. She did not recall whether the periwinkle propagated in that fashion, though. "I'm not sure," she admitted, brushing her feathered bangs from her eyes, "but I do know that periwinkles are perennial. That means they'll survive the winter, every year... You can come back and visit this flower once you're all big and grown up!" A pleased smile wreathed her muzzle, finding the fun fact to be very appealing indeed. It was sad to watch winter snow decimate all the low-growing plants, and have to start from scratch in the following spring. Loyal perennials that returned year after year, well, that was the dream. "And I could never see all the flowers in the world, even if I devoted my life to travel. That's the fun of it - you'll always find a new one, no matter how many you've seen already!" She had never strayed far from her corner of the world. Maybe someday it would be fun to do just that, to travel and see the sights that nature had provided...

They fell silent for a moment, thoughts of bereavement and abandonment plaguing their minds. It was a hard thing to overcome - Coli was proof that even as a grown adult, the feelings could never really go away. Not without finding something or someone to fill the gap. She sighed heavily, nodding in agreement as Cat voiced her sadness. "Of course you do," she replied, not expecting anything less. She was a brave little girl to put on such a strong facade, braver than Coli. Deciding it was unfair to dwell on the melancholy topic, the werewolf shared her tidbit about Cercelee - but Cat misunderstood her story, and it took Coli a moment to understand where she went wrong. Tilting her head quizzically, the older werewolf tried to repair the conversation, "Did she spoil... oh! Oh no, Cat, she didn't raise me! That would be funny and weird! No, she and I are the same age - I meant that we grew up side-by-side, like sisters. She was adopted. Sorry about that!" She was quick to apologize, not wanting confusion to last any longer than it had to. The small girl had grown adept at speaking the native tongue here - Coli had already forgotten what her curious accent really meant. She should have been more clear with her explanation. She just thought it might amuse the de Sadira to learn how similar she and her guardian were.

The sun was high when she glanced upward again, surprised by how quickly the day had flown by. If she was going to visit Crimson Dreams, she had better get moving - it was a long walk from here, and she was bound to get a little lost on the way, and what if darkness fell on her way home? Coli was not afraid of the dark, but nor was she fond of it, strongly preferring the safety of visibility that the sun's light granted her. She would have to steel her nerves and go, now, or she'd never make it... "I'm sorry, Catalyst, but there's somewhere I need to be," she admitted guiltily, rising to her knees to brush the grass stains from her light-furred tummy. "It was such a pleasure to meet you, though... tell Cercelee I said 'hi'?" she added shyly, biting her lip. She needed to work on mending that friendship, although little Zana had helped them take a great step in the right direction. Now that they were speaking again, Coli wanted to become more involved, at least a little. Maybe, if Alexey was busy with Conor and Emwe, Colibri could be the caregiver for Catalyst and her siblings? She had never held a co-rank before... She reached out hesitantly to ruffle the ivory girl's ears, marveling at the soft velvety fur. "If you ever want to visit again, you know where I live now," she added, hopefulness lifting her delicate voice. She liked getting diminutive visitors, to impart some of her useless knowledge and to enjoy their exuberance. Catalyst had brightened her day!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread