Change is hard, I should know
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... pupban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
300+

Seeing that happy light fade from both her daughter's faces broke the mother's heart. But as hard as it was it had needed to be said. They needed to know. Otherwise they would probably try and catch more butterflies and come asking her why none of them ever woke up after they were caught. She knew that would be rougher on them even if they were older. Dealing with one butterfly dead was really difficult, dealing with more would be much worse. Her soft smile turned to a sad frown as she saw the tears pour from both their precious eyes and then charged towards her, hiding their faces in her stomach. "I'm sorry my little darlings," she spoke softly gently rubbing their backs with one of her paws. "I know you didn't mean to sweetie, I know."

It was obvious that the longer they stayed near the butterfly the worse they were going to feel. Silently the raven woman concentrated on shifted her body. She was becoming quite quick at shifting into her bipedal form for little emergencies such as this. Once all her bones and muscles were realigned she gathered her crying girls into her arms, holding them close to her chest. Carefully she rose to her feet and started walking back towards the house. She planted a kiss on the top of each of their heads, hoping to give them both as much comfort as she could. Using her backside to push open the door she slipped inside and walked towards a room she had come across the other day. It was a little play room and it had lots of toys in it. Perhaps a new toy would help distract her children from their sorrow.

When she reached the room she walked in and gently set them down, then moved to the chest full of toys. Dark hands dug through the various toys, trying to find something that would cheer her pups. Emerald eyes lit up and a smile returned to her face as she picked one out, dusting it off. Hiding it behind her back she walked back over to the two of them and knelt down. She placed a colorful stuff butterfly between them. "Here you go. Here's a butterfly that you can play with."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread