apart from each other, joined by the heart
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... able1p.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #000000 solid; font-size: 10px;">

Hello! Big Grin

Kept it a bit more in perspective this time. ~300 words.

---

Eliza rose to her feet slowly as the stranger approached, so as to not alarm him, folding back her ears and lowering her tail in a submissive gesture. In this sort of situation, though he was clearly the stronger fighter with her simply in Lupus form, caution always played well. Yes, this was exactly the type of person she had expected to find her, someone decorated with the marks of combat, patrolling the pack's borders. She could even pick out his scent from the mixed border scents, now that she had him in front of her to compare to. Though she had not been a Soldier, and had not seen combat for long enough or in dangerous enough situations to be so decorated, she respected the sacrifices she assumed he had made for his pack.

She ducked her head slightly in respect, and put off answering his question for the moment. "Hello, my name is Eliza. I come from a large pack reasonably South of these lands." There was no a reason why she couldn't be courteous, especially in introducing herself. While he belonged here, she did not, and it was prudent to be polite and offer information about herself first before expecting him to reciprocate.

He was significantly taller than her, so she had to look up at him to see his face before she continued, though she kept her eyes from meeting his, and focused more around his muzzle. "I have traveled looking for a new pack to call home, and I am sincerely hoping this is it, as I grow weary of not having a home. My purpose here is to hope I can be accepted in as one of your own, Sir." She had added the title impulsively, reflexively, somehow considering him her superior, likely because of the prowess in fighting he displayed with his very body. She was heavily embarrassed by the slip and looked away, nervous.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread