apart from each other, joined by the heart
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... able1p.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #000000 solid; font-size: 10px;">

Hello! I'm Rhenna, and I'm a newcomer to 'Souls. Pleased to meet you! Smile

1. Character Name: Eliza Tierne

2. Character Birthdate (including year): March 10, 2008 (15 months old)

3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci by birth

4. Gender: Female

5. Your e-mail: wrimo.literati@gmail.com

6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): AIM – her whys

7. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Via my college roommate, Rust, who currently plays Tokyo Chance in Dahlia de Mai. She has also told me to mention that she recruited me to DdM so she can "get points." Here ya go, Rust. ;P

Amigad, rambling. ~650 words.

---

The strain of the journey was beginning to get to her. Eliza was fit, and more than capable of traveling long distances, but making her way up North alone had been fairly treacherous and covered terrain she had never had to navigate before. Everything was so green here, even though it was colder here than her old pack's lands if anything. It was unnerving. While she wasn't normally one to be easily frightened in situations where she could possibly be in danger, even alone, on her journey she had developed a nervous habit of looking over her shoulder every couple of minutes. She had been used to running in more open, arid terrain. Being enclosed by heavy forest blocked one's sight. It was just another thing she supposed she would have to get used to, but for now it made her feel skittish and on edge. Even as far inland as she was currently, she could smell something strong and sharp, with undertones like water but unlike any water she had ever come across before. She didn't like it.

Upon reflection, Eliza was almost dismayed at how intolerant she was being of this new territory. She considered herself to be reasonably adaptable. It could have been that the pain of Ava's death was still dark and heavy on her shoulders, and she realized this, but if she was going to survive up in this new area she was going to need to do better, and soon. She had been traveling this far North in order to find a pack to call home, and she certainly wasn't going to be going back to her old pack ever again – there was no point in resisting this change of scenery, because the decision had already been made.

She was so thirsty. The thought hit her almost physically. The smell of what she could only imagine was corrupted water had been so unsettling that she had forgone trying to find water fit to drink for the last part of her journey, hoping that soon she would come across a pack to call her own who could guide her to safe water sources.

Eliza had traveled past three packs already, but on closer inspection she had decided that they were not where her allegiance was destined to lay. This inspection was relative, and the one she had passed recently she hadn't dared to actually visit – it seemed much closer to the strange smell, and that couldn't be healthy. She also wanted to put more distance between her swiftly running form and the places she had come from. Between her and the ghosts she had tried to leave behind her. She was rapidly tiring, however, and longed for rest and safety and company. She hungered, but she had been able to hunt small game successfully on the move; most of all, she wished for someone to help her find a place to drink.

She gradually began to smell the scent of another pack, only slightly to the North of her. That must be the lands of Dahlia de Mai, she thought. She had heard of them in passing, and heard that they were fair-dealing, and that at least some of their leaders were beneficent.

She was curious and tired, and so she approached the borders of this pack, where before she had simply passed through the lands of others. Eliza knew she could perform duties at least as well as other wolves, and she took pride in her work. She could have something to offer this pack. She sat cautiously on her haunches. She only had a vague idea of the cultural norms associated with this sort of thing, so she would wait, and hope someone would come by this stretch of Southern border – they must at least have Soldiers or Protectors or something, like her old pack did. Someone would patrol by and find her, eventually.

[/html]
[html]
Hey there! (300)

As always these days, the secui was in a foul mood. It was her fault. Lillith had infected him with her venom when she had let him taste her blood, and now the world had lost its remaining colours. He had to find the velvet beauty. His decision was clear, always had been, but there was something reluctant in him that kept him from eagerly seeking the dark woman out. Perhaps he wanted to prolong those few magnificent moments they had shared together, prolong the feeling of belonging that too few managed to create for him to experience. The male had not left Dahlia for a few weeks despite the spell that the dark Stormbringer had cast upon him. With Cwmfen’s sire stalking around, the Lilium of Dahlia felt that he could not afford to leave the lands for own pleasures. He also fiercely believed in the saying; ‘All good things come to those who wait’. He knew patience well.

Suddenly the secui’s muzzle lifted to take in the faint smell of someone that did not belong. The chocolate and cream body increased its pace, trailing the scent with ease closer to the southern part of the borders. The female’s light colouration made her an easy target for the Dahlian’s blue eyes, and it was apparent that she had been waiting for someone to arrive. The large wolf did not slow down to a halt before there were merely a few feet distance between them. His strength from the blood loss earlier this month had quickly returned, but the injuries were still visible here and there, random claw marks scattered about on his muscular body, though usually hidden by his thick fur. The bite mark on the side of his throat was healing very well, but was not a pleasant sight. Would she be intimidated by his appearance?

”What is your purpose here?” the male wondered, although he had an idea. There was no need to immediately mention that these were claimed lands, as she had placed herself politely at the borders, waiting to be found. Her scent was fresh and untainted. They had lost many members the last month, and any increase in number would be welcomed by the man, especially if the gal managed to show that she had some value.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... able1p.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:409px; border:1px #000000 solid; font-size: 10px;">

Hello! Big Grin

Kept it a bit more in perspective this time. ~300 words.

---

Eliza rose to her feet slowly as the stranger approached, so as to not alarm him, folding back her ears and lowering her tail in a submissive gesture. In this sort of situation, though he was clearly the stronger fighter with her simply in Lupus form, caution always played well. Yes, this was exactly the type of person she had expected to find her, someone decorated with the marks of combat, patrolling the pack's borders. She could even pick out his scent from the mixed border scents, now that she had him in front of her to compare to. Though she had not been a Soldier, and had not seen combat for long enough or in dangerous enough situations to be so decorated, she respected the sacrifices she assumed he had made for his pack.

She ducked her head slightly in respect, and put off answering his question for the moment. "Hello, my name is Eliza. I come from a large pack reasonably South of these lands." There was no a reason why she couldn't be courteous, especially in introducing herself. While he belonged here, she did not, and it was prudent to be polite and offer information about herself first before expecting him to reciprocate.

He was significantly taller than her, so she had to look up at him to see his face before she continued, though she kept her eyes from meeting his, and focused more around his muzzle. "I have traveled looking for a new pack to call home, and I am sincerely hoping this is it, as I grow weary of not having a home. My purpose here is to hope I can be accepted in as one of your own, Sir." She had added the title impulsively, reflexively, somehow considering him her superior, likely because of the prowess in fighting he displayed with his very body. She was heavily embarrassed by the slip and looked away, nervous.

[/html]
[html]
I'm the one obviously rambling here >_< Sorry about the length of this reply (700)

The man was almost puzzled, although her behaviour was what should be expected from a trespasser, especially if her intentions were to join the pack. Perhaps this was because it had been a while since he had not run into a retarded loner. There were a lot of nutcases all around, Haku included. However, it had seemed that foolish loners had been targeting him especially lately. Hell, one of them had fought with him inside his own fucking cabin, chosen the room where the Lilium’s own son was hiding under the couch. There were too many purebred idiots there. His eyes narrowed slightly at the light wolfess’ introduction, although there was nothing wrong with her words nor pose. The man was biased, and he could not keep from comparing her to the last trespasser he had allowed into the pack. Although Haku seemed to judge harshly, he did not do so without sufficient evidence. That was the reason why a crazy woman had entered Dahlia and ruined a long gone ex-member that he hoped he never would see again.

He listened and dipped his muzzle slightly to hint of a nod, that he was listening to what she had to say. His eyes, almost glowing with their intense colour stayed on the woman’s amber eyes, but she refused to lift her gaze to his, playing her cards correctly. Although Haku was used to less and would have accepted direct eye contact along with other casualties, her open inferiority and respect somewhat muted the forever rumbling beast that lived under his skin, in his mind and body yet invisible to the rest of the world. The secui flicked an ear when she finished his last sentence, and could not keep a rare chuckle to escape his lips. Sir. The nature of his sound was not mocking, as it usually was whenever he uttered such a casual sound that was seen as less primal. Haku was a beast with a mind pinned down, not open enough to fully take in more than he felt was necessary in order to survive. His nutrition was blood and misery, and perhaps this was why he had found her addressing him as Sir so surprising.

His face morphed back to its usual blankness, although the features seemed to be slightly softer, perhaps almost friendly. ”I see,” the Lilium mused, letting his eyes let go of hers for a brief moment to routinely examine her body, only to get a second confirmation that she seemed to be in excellent shape. ”I am Haku Soul, second in command of the Dahlia de Mai pack, whose borders you currently stand on.” The man explained, granting her the basics at once. ”Our borders are open, but there are questions I’d like to get some answers to before we proceed any further.” Haku had always made it simple in the past, not taking care to inspect the newcomers much before he had granted them access to the lands along with their membership. Times had changed, and the newly forming pack could decide to become a threat. He was losing his hold of many things, and so he had decided to take things slowly. This wolfess could be as worthless as the rest, but this was just as much for his own pleasure as for the sake of Dahlia. He had decided to attempt to take more interest in the individuals, to make sure he would not be too alien to them when he was to change their lives.

”If you come from the south, I’m sure you passed several other packs on your journey. What made you choose us?” the male wondered, challenging her with a voice that held more friendliness than authority. ”Why did you leave your previous pack in the first place?” He then added, determined to know if she was running for something. It happened often enough, that strangers joined other packs in orders to save their own skin, carrying nothing but their egoism as baggage, which was also the only ting they seemed to be able to offer the pack, in truth. His eyes had returned to take in her face before he had started the questioning. Although the man was a master of forging masks to hide his true face from the world, he was unable to read intelligent minds very well. He was too self-centred in general to put in the effort of reading others. She did not seem to be hiding too much drama, but his gaze intensified, ready to decipher fabrication from truth.

[/html]
[html]

It's no problem! Because now I can blame you for this rambling nonsense. Blargggh wall-of-text'd! XD; Oh my god ~1150 words, I'm so sorry. >.<

---

Eliza winced a little when he laughed softly at her faux pas. He didn't seem unfriendly, however she knew she had embarrassed herself, which could wind up being to her detriment later. She wasn't one to bend in the face of her own mistakes, though, so she let it lie and tried to move past the awkwardness she felt she had caused with minimal comment.

When he introduced himself, her eyes widened slightly before she could control her expression back into blank politeness. So, this battle-scarred wolf was a leader of Dahlia de Mai. She had been greeted by someone in charge, someone with real power, and not just a Soldier-type underling as she had supposed. This was unexpected, though upon reflection it made sense and she wondered why she hadn't anticipated it. Dahlia de Mai, to her knowledge, was much smaller than the pack she had left behind, whose leaders could never be bothered with accepting or rejecting mere newcomers. But in a pack this small, each new wolf admitted could make a huge difference to the pack as a whole, and so of course the leaders would want a say in who was allowed to pass into their circle. It also meant that a wolf mistakenly let into the pack could potentially cause a proportionally large amount of damage; upon consideration, this caution seemed very wise to her, and it raised her estimation of the leaders of the pack, Haku included.

"I am honored that one so highly ranked would come to greet a loner like myself. I don't presume to understand the reasons behind your personal attention," she continued formally, though of course she had done just that not moments before, "but I appreciate it, and it makes me even more determined to find a place here," she finished with another polite bow of her head. Eliza was never very circumspect about her opinions about people, nor did she shy away from stating these opinions baldly and usually with the highest expressed sincerity. She had never been in a situation where this worked to her detriment, and so she treated even her superiors this way. She treated Haku as she had treated all others she had recognized as her superiors, and hoped that her esteem did not come across as cheap flattery.

"I am glad to hear that your borders are still open. I know Dahlia de Mai seems to be the largest of the packs I have come across thus far, and I am glad that there may yet be a place for me to prove useful here," she replied, tacitly acknowledging that she had seen the other packs on her way up North. "I did not personally visit all of the others on my way up here," she answered honestly, though declined to state the reason why. She didn't feel the need to admit to her own cowardice about the pack near the troubling scent just before making a case for herself to join this pack.

"I chose to end my journey at your borders because I have heard that the leaders of Dahlia de Mai have integrity, and truly care for the good of their pack and the wolves therein. That this care is not just about blindly following laws, but pursuing what is right. And that is something I would like to be a part of." It sounded childishly idealistic, even to her ears. But she had a feeling that lying to Haku would be worse than admitting to childish fantasies about "the greater good" and "good triumphing over evil." Having seen his piercing, thorough gaze, she felt that somehow, if she lied, he would know.

Eliza lowered her head further and sat down softly, considering how to answer his second question. Her eyes closed briefly. She did not want to answer this question. She had known she would have to, but she still didn't want to explain the terms under which she had left her old pack. The pain of Ava's death was recent; it wrapped itself around her throat, tightening, choking her briefly. She tried not to show her pain outwardly, but she had never been efficient at concealing her stronger emotions. The female had never been in a position before where she felt she might be judged for having them, and so hiding them was not a skill she had cultivated. It was a weakness, but on the scale of possible weakness she could have had, she had hopes that it was not the worst.

She answered the implicit question he had posed first in order to put off describing the specifics of her departure a little longer. "There is no need to worry about someone coming after me. I left them of my free will, with no detriment to my reputation and without having outstanding conflicts with anyone else. To be quite frank, the let down was on their shoulders, if anything -- not mine," she added, with a bitter smile, and struggled to explain.

"There was an incident involving someone I was close to, which resulted in a conflict which I was not directly involved in," she began, being purposefully vague. If she stated the facts coldly and objectively, she naively believed that maybe, just maybe, the retelling would hurt less. "It eventually resulted in an outcome which I felt was grossly unjust, and which hurt me deeply. I did not trust the leaders of the pack, afterward, to look after my well-being, or to act in accordance with the greater good instead of just to appease their pride. I was unable to change the... " she struggled to find a word, a phrase, to politely explain what she had seen as the undeserved, leader-sanctioned murder of her closest friend, "...final result of the conflict, and so I left. There was no reason to stay, and they had lost my trust," she finished plainly, her poor opinion of her old pack easily recognizable in the tone of her voice.

She hoped that would be enough. She hoped she wouldn't have to further dredge up those painful, recent memories. That she wouldn't have to explain the pain of having fought so hard for her adopted sister's life, the pain of having failed, the pain of having to return to her family and explain, No, I tried, but I could not save your daughter. I could not save her from the foolish decision of her own leaders, who should have loved and protected her, instead of killing her over a matter of pride. The pain of having failed because of an archaic law which should have been immediately disregarded due to the special nature of her case. The pain of knowing Ava's life had been worth less to her pack's leaders than the perceived pain of losing face. A never-ending lake of stinging-hot pain. She didn't wish to wade in any farther.

[/html]
[html]
and in return I'm blaming you for making me ramble even more, so there! (1000++)

The man was again slightly taken aback by her surprise. She was acting.. slightly odd, as if she sincerely believed she was of something slightly less significance than him. Of course, this was true in the male’s mind, but that was only because he portrayed himself as the world’s navel. It was just so unusual to get proper respect anymore. The world had changed, and the wolves were slowly attempting to fill the empty void after the human species. They were slowly evolving into something else, and old traditions and ties were slowly being dissolved. Haku disliked this. He wanted the changes in them to be undone. In such a world, he would not have been considered a monster. Things would have been very different. But the wolves wanted to be something else. They wanted to be more.

Haku cared little about how the other packs functioned. He was aware of the basics, and their sizes, but how the leadership handled their pack was not of much interest to the man. The packs that had formed after the great fire that had consumed Bleeding Souls were different. It seemed that the specific job ranks had been mostly discarded and turned into something more casual. He did not like it, but he could easily live with it. Although every member was allowed to greet a newcomer (and get accepted by a high ranked member), it was more specifically Dahlia’s scouts that had that job. There was only one scout in Dahlia these days, and that was the chocolate and cream Lilium. It was far from uncommon that newcomers were greeted by the blue eyed man.

The half-shifted man listened, patiently waiting for her answers to be delivered through her polite blabber. When she came to the part where she spoke of ‘the integrity of the Dahlia leaders’ he was taken by complete surprise. However, his reaction never reached the surface. Haku was a master at controlling his body. Not even his eyes hinted that her words came as a shock. Where in the world could she have heard such a thing? It was true enough for the white Rosea and the black Adonis, but Haku was a dark creature with a dark reputation. He had done many things that had made him a monster in the eyes of the rest of the society. That reputation had tainted Dahlia’s name, though they were still the strongest pack in ‘Souls, and had been so for a long time.

He let her finish her story, allowing her to believe in the not completely true words of Dahlia’s leadership. His eyes stayed on her, took in how carefully she controlled her behaviour and stance, aiming for perfection. He accepted the story without any further questions. He could detect hurt in her words, the way she formulated the sentence to stray as far from the detailed memories as she could. He wished he could understand such a powerful emotion. To lose someone. He knew emotion. He knew rage and every similar feeling to it, but he knew little about sincere affection that was not directly tied to pure, physical desire. Lillith had made something long dead stir, but he doubted she had the power to resurrect what was long lost.

”I appreciate your honesty, Eliza.” the male finally said when it was clear that she had no more to say. She was a soft creature, and would not be of much use to him personally, but she seemed worthy enough to be granted a trial in Dahlia de Mai. His mind drifted around what she had said. He would have liked to study that pack she came from, study the leadership. It would not happen. Most of what the cocoa male wanted was impossible to obtain. ”Dahlia takes care of its own.” he suddenly said, knowing that this was true. Some found themselves slightly uneasy around him, but fact was that he was their protector. Haku was a horrible creature, and so his anger would turn on those who threatened to destroy his property.

”However, you might find that Dahlia de Mai leads a more casual life than your previous home. You will be among equals here.” Truth be told, the male was uncertain of how to form the words properly for her to understand. She would adapt soon enough anyway, would be able to relax when she got accustomed to her home and the individuals she would share them with. He was sure she would receive a laugh or two if she kept this overly polite behaviour up, but he was sure it would be all in good nature. Haku’s pack was a harmonic one. He had lost all the players that he had decided to trust. He had been foolish to do such a thing, because there was no one that could be trusted. Even if there was potential in a creature, there was a small chance that that potential would be used. They were all such foolish creatures.

”Our hierarchy might not be like what you are used with. Your will gain your standing in the pack depending on your dedication and commitment to this pack. There are not rally any specific jobs tied to our titles, except for the three Dahlian leaders. Cercelee is our Rosea, first in command, a white female with frozen rivers in her eyes. The third in command, the Adonis, is named Cwmfen nic Graine. She is black and rather special. You will understand why when you see her.” the man again allowed a chuckle to depart, knowing that the Adonis’ features would probably take this woman’s breath away.

”If you do well in your first months here, you will be able to pick up an additional co-rank that will grant you a more specific job, but details can be discussed later.” The man shifted slightly, this would soon be over. ”However, let me remind you that despite the relaxed community, we do expect you to treat every member with kindness and respect, as well as to show loyalty to your pack.” This was what every pack wanted; a loyal member that would be able to work for the greater good, vision unclouded by egotism. What Haku was doing here in the leadership could perhaps be an interesting question to rise, but he kept his facade up with ease. Despite his dark soul, he did his best to protect his pack from harm. Ril’o had not been avenged, but it was an exceptional individual that had taken his life. Haku depended on the murderer to do him an important favour, so the guilty would not be touched.

His face suddenly broke into a smile, although it was slightly cool, almost alien on his lips. ”Are you still up for it?” It was a silly question, but he asked anyway, wanted her certainty to come out in words.

[/html]
[html]

We have to stop meeting like this. o_< Man, Eliza's in for teasing for being too polite. >.>; ~660 words.

---

Eliza was relieved. She didn't yet seem to have offended Haku, this "Lilium." Her future "Lilium," in fact, if all went well, whatever that meant. Second in command. She had always known the second in command as, well, "Second-in-Command." Here they had whole other titles for things. Getting used to the foreign terms would take some time, especially since they were more or less nonsense words to her. She had no point of reference to link them to to aid in memorizing them.

She nodded as he began to speak again, still not meeting his eyes. It would be good to be in a place where people had true worth again, she mused, if what he said was true. It would be nice to be a part of something where people looked out for each other. Unusual, but she could think it would be a change for the better. She suddenly felt deep in her bones that she had made the right decision in leaving, though before she hadn't even known she was doubting her actions. She hadn't been mistaken -- truly, not all packs were like hers had been. Her mind had held lingering fear that this would not be so, somewhat ridiculously, and she was glad to feel she had been wrong.

She was slightly confused by what he was saying as he continued. She assumed that moving from her pack to one much smaller would be a fairly significant change, but how could a pack exist among equals? This puzzled her, and the feeling likely leaked onto her face. There had to some sort of power hierarchy, for how else would power struggles and problems be decided? She was unable to conceive of such a thing, and was momentarily on edge. As much as Eliza thought of herself as open-minded, she had never lived in any other situation than the one she had been born into, and the hierarchy of her old pack was something she hadn't seen counter examples to. For her, it was a foregone conclusion.

She shook these thoughts away as he described the pack duties, because thinking on something she didn't couldn't imagine was pointless. She would hopefully see for herself soon enough. Haku was unspecific as to the details of his duties and those of the other leaders, but he seemed to respect them, and for some reason that was important to her. "Rosea." "Adonis." She tucked the strange terms away for later examination.

She was relieved that she would be able to choose an additional "co-rank" in addition to the amorphously described "non-specific" duties of the regular pack members. Eliza felt most comfortable with a goal to work for, and a job to do. She hoped this time would be swift in coming. Perhaps she would be able to be useful here in the same way she had with her old pack, as a Protector, or whatever silly word this pack had for Protectors. She felt slightly chagrined at the thought -- she shouldn't think of the Dahlian rank names as silly, that was rude. It made her feel uncomfortable, and she mentally kicked herself a little.

He shifted slightly, and she realized that she had likely kept him longer than he hand intended to stay, and that she was yet keeping him from the duties he had to fulfill. She answered his statements only briefly, feeling slightly awkward. "Of course, I have tried, and will try, to always be loyal and respectful to," my betters, she almost finished, but remembering the odd things he had said, quickly tacked on, "others," instead.

He smiled at her and she was glad, and smiled in return without thinking about it. She took up a slightly more relaxed posture as she raised herself back onto her feet. "Certainly, I certainly am," she replied, just managing to cut off the reflexive "Sir." She was learning. She wouldn't embarrass herself like that again if she could help it.

[/html]
[html]
Welcome to Dahlia! Go wild. (300)

He saw her confusion when he had mentioned the causality, and quickly replayed the words he had spoke in his head to find out if there had been an error to his speech, but he found nothing. He halfway expected her to raise a question, but there never was any. The individuals were equals. After all, their ranks and positions were just jobs, formal titles, yet every individual was to be treated as one of the same worth as any other. This was not necessarily the Lilium’s view of how it should be, but this was the general belief in Dahlia, and he could not overrule such establishments with his current rank and co-leaders. He was working around those issues, it would not be much of a problem, he believed. Was this the issue? The man could not see the reason, only the emotion. He let it pass. If she had questions, she should find confidence to raise them herself.

He merely nodded when she replied, saying what he had expected. His smile was returned with a lighter, brighter of hers. ”Good.” the male said the moment she confirmed that she still wanted to be a part of these lands. Good. He flexed his muscles slightly before he continued. ”You’ll start at the Gazon rank, which is generally the starting rank. It's always fun to see who stays and who leaves. I advice you not to look too much into the ranks and their meanings too soon, as they make very little sense.” At least to him. Flower and plant names, who would pick such rank names? ”My mother was one of the alphas that founded this pack. I think she was fond of flowers, if you have not already noticed.” the male said, the hint of a third chuckle in his voice. His mother was an odd wolfess. He wondered if she was dead. He hoped so. It would spare him the trouble of killing her himself if she ever decided to show up again.

The male turned slightly, motioning with a throw of his head that she was to follow him. There was no formal ‘welcome’, nor would there be one. Not from Haku. This wolfess had seen a mask that the male rarely bothered to put on. Rumours would find her soon and turn her against him, but this was no worry of his. ”If you are not too tired, I could give you a quick tour before I leave you?” It was merely a request. If she was tired she could do whatever.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[html]

Thank you so much! I thought I would post once more because he asked her a question. ^^ I hope that's okay. ~150 words.

---

So it seemed she had passed his test, and finally was a member of a new pack. It was exhilarating. "Thank you very much," Eliza responded, almost laughing herself, and though she felt she should address him by a title, she couldn't think of one that wouldn't be embarrassing. So, the Dahlian ranks were based on the name of flowers. She couldn't say she'd had much experience with flowers in her life time, but you had to start somewhere.

She moved to follow him, standing slightly behind and to the right of him. She longed for a rest, but more for something clean and safe to sate her thirst. "I am tired, but a tour would be much appreciated, especially if you can show me someplace I can drink. It is kind of you to offer," she said as she trailed behind him toward her new pack's lands.

[/html]