When and where, I do not know
[html]<style type="text/css">.tctemp b {color:#ef320c; font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}</style>
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... ntable.png) bottom no-repeat #bfcfca; font:8pt Verdana; color:#678078; line-height:1.4em; padding:2.4em; padding-top:0.0em; padding-bottom:35.5em; text-align:justify;">[/html]
no worries on either count! ;D. 365 words

The other female reacted strangely to her words. She turned around slowly, and it seemed like it took some time to figure out who was talking to her and what she was saying. Then she spoke: lost in thoughts? That was a disappointing reason for such a cool-looking pose. Well, it was what it was. Mew was sorta a silly name, too. That was the sound puppies made, wasn't it? It was okay as a nickname, or a for the name of a child, but once you grew up wouldn't you pick something new? It was like how Tokyo had named her friend Squeak when she found him, but then once he got big enough that it didn't make sense anymore, she re-christened him "Champ." She felt that anything along that line of thought was probably rude to speak out-loud.

She should probably introduce herself before saying anything else anyway. And so she did: "I'm Tokyo Chance, I've been around for a couple months, although I grew up on the other side of Halcyon Mountain." Yeah, the ocean was fucking awesome, even if it didn't quite do for Tokyo what Mew claimed it did to her. Made her think? Seemed like quite a waste of some good waves. Tokyo loved the ocean because everywhere else felt cramped compared to it. You always had the trees penning you in, or in clear stretches you never knew what else was lurking. The ocean was safe, but expansive enough to feel free anyway.

"The ocean's great; my den's on the coast east of here." Tokyo grinned, and shook her head. "When I was little there was this beach I wanted to found a pack on, Lightning Bay. It was a pretty silly idea." She was rambling more than usual, which was sort of weird, she usually didn't ramble unless she was nervous. Was she nervous? Tokyo supposed it was possible, although she wasn't worrying too much about any aspect of this encounter. It was possible the majestic pose Mew had been striking had intimidated her or something. But why should she be scared of someone named Mew? It was really such a silly word, ridiculous to use for a name.

[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread