When and where, I do not know
[html]

Hai! This is in Nereid Smile
Word Count: 383

She'd walked here from the city, meaning to go to the vineyards where the piano awaited her attention, however the call of the ocean had forced her feet to change directions, eventually carrying her to where she now sat. The mountains of garbage and high cranes of the nearby human garbage dump area also visible against the horizon, if one looked to the east, although Mew did not. Her emerald gaze was fixed upon the shore overseas, looking as if it was ever so distant, yet so close. Inferni. They lived there, the rascals. The dirty scum of the earth. Oh, how the storm inside of her had calmed while Lubomir had been craving her attention, and how it had blossomed in his absence. Then, when he finally returned, stinking of that pack, that place, she'd not entirely known what to do. Did he really communicate with those pieces of dirt? Did he in fact think they were worth anything at all? No, the only thing over there that could have any value of life would be the children, not yet tainted by the evil of their kind. They could be salvaged, helped, trained to avoid a path of violence and hatred. The rest were doomed - the world was best off without them.

........Her mind, her anger and regret, boiled within that small body that so much resembled her mother's, as the femme stood there, oblivious to her surroundings. She normally sought the ocean for peace of mind, to stare at the never ending attack of the waves on the shore, its calming rhythms soothing her being. Now she stood rank, as the winds from the ocean, littered with the scents of the sea, shook through her furs and her mane. It was a majestic sight, that pearly white female with the blazing, green eyes, now distantly gazing into the land of thought. She did perhaps seem peaceful, but a barely audible growl rested deep in her throat. It was hatred that kept the femme erect, her spine intact - not love or compassion or anything that could warm a spirit. It was perhaps the wrong way around, but for all the suffering she had endured, she could not find an ounce of friendliness in her towards the things across the water.

Table by Sace/Hemming. Thanks! Big Grin
[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.tctemp b {color:#ef320c; font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}</style>
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... ntable.png) bottom no-repeat #bfcfca; font:8pt Verdana; color:#678078; line-height:1.4em; padding:2.4em; padding-top:0.0em; padding-bottom:35.5em; text-align:justify;">[/html]
is mew shifted? Big Grin if yes, assume tokyo is, otherwise she'll be in her regular wolf form~ 362 words

Tokyo barely ever went this far west, but she had been cooped up in her den for so long that a long trip through the lands seemed like a nice, safe way to stretch her legs. Safe, of course, relative to exploring other pack lands - she hadn't had very many good experiences with that. As far as she could tell, she had most definitely lucked out with Dahlia de Mai. There was one pack to the east that she knew of, where the brain-fever wolf had said dumb things to her on the border. And then there was one pack to the southwest, which according to Cwmfen, Tokyo was now forbidden from visiting. Oops. Damn crazy mother couldn't be content with just chasing her off, she had to go tattling to Dahlian leaders.

She had traced Dahlia's southern border until reaching the western edge. From there, she wove her way back northeast along the coast. Tokyo had already passed the vineyards, where she had met the weird (but friendly enough) German puppy. Now she was at that drop off with a pretty view. She planned to take a break there this afternoon; she was tired from the morning of walking. Her favorite book of fairy tales (and Champ's diary, but she kept that on her person more to keep it safe than to read it) was tucked within her green bag, slung across her shoulder. The ocean was pretty enough, here, but Tokyo was of course still partial to the beaches that she called home.

Unexpectedly, though, up on the peak, outlined by the sun, stood a white female in a rather majestic pose. Tokyo, with all her taste for the dramatic, most definitely approved of the image, but she couldn't help but wonder what had caused it. And she didn't see anyone else around - what good was posing, creating such a cool image like that, with no one around to understand how amazing and cool-looking it was? Her brows furrowed in confusion. Tokyo had come pretty close to the other female, but still didn't see any occasion for the pose. "What are you doing?" She called out, not unfriendly, just curious.
[html]
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait, been socially kidnapped for a few days - and yes she is shifted! Can't believe I didn't state that >_< - Marit fail
Word Count: 348

The pose which her pack mate found so majestic and fascinating was in fact never intended to be exactly that, but as she liked to feel the winds ruffle her furs, and liked to smell the scents of the sea, her nose was lifted and her body leaned slightly forward - her chest enlarged as her lungs hungrily expanded when swallowing large amounts of fresh ocean air. So lost in thoughts - thoughts she would never share with a living soul unless forced or deeply encouraged to - she did not notice the other femme before they were close enough for conversation. Normally the femme would have been startled, perhaps even visibly enraged for a short moment until she had reestablished control of her surroundings, which also often led to an exclamation of some sort, followed by a hand-to-chest movement. Today, however, she turned around slowly, first her head and then the rest of her, for her mind was so absorbed with so many thoughts and feelings of great impact, that she didn't react according to her usual pattern. She was like a zombie as she turned slowly around, and it took her a moment - in which she shook her head, making it obvious that she was attempting to clear it - before she made eye contact or seemed to fully register the other's presence. A hand went to her forehead, and she sighed audibly before she served the femme an apology for her strange behavior, which had only lasted a second or two. She knew it was not according to the usual social rules.

........"Sorry.. I'm lost in thoughts these days it seems..."

Pausing, she lowered her hand and looked again at the other's face, as if only now realizing that it was another stranger, another pack mate which she should know, but did not. Oh, how her isolated little world revolved around Lubomir, and Lubomir alone. It was sad, in a way.

........"I was just standing here thinking - the ocean can do such things to me. My name is Mew, by the way."

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.tctemp b {color:#ef320c; font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}</style>
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/ ... ntable.png) bottom no-repeat #bfcfca; font:8pt Verdana; color:#678078; line-height:1.4em; padding:2.4em; padding-top:0.0em; padding-bottom:35.5em; text-align:justify;">[/html]
no worries on either count! ;D. 365 words

The other female reacted strangely to her words. She turned around slowly, and it seemed like it took some time to figure out who was talking to her and what she was saying. Then she spoke: lost in thoughts? That was a disappointing reason for such a cool-looking pose. Well, it was what it was. Mew was sorta a silly name, too. That was the sound puppies made, wasn't it? It was okay as a nickname, or a for the name of a child, but once you grew up wouldn't you pick something new? It was like how Tokyo had named her friend Squeak when she found him, but then once he got big enough that it didn't make sense anymore, she re-christened him "Champ." She felt that anything along that line of thought was probably rude to speak out-loud.

She should probably introduce herself before saying anything else anyway. And so she did: "I'm Tokyo Chance, I've been around for a couple months, although I grew up on the other side of Halcyon Mountain." Yeah, the ocean was fucking awesome, even if it didn't quite do for Tokyo what Mew claimed it did to her. Made her think? Seemed like quite a waste of some good waves. Tokyo loved the ocean because everywhere else felt cramped compared to it. You always had the trees penning you in, or in clear stretches you never knew what else was lurking. The ocean was safe, but expansive enough to feel free anyway.

"The ocean's great; my den's on the coast east of here." Tokyo grinned, and shook her head. "When I was little there was this beach I wanted to found a pack on, Lightning Bay. It was a pretty silly idea." She was rambling more than usual, which was sort of weird, she usually didn't ramble unless she was nervous. Was she nervous? Tokyo supposed it was possible, although she wasn't worrying too much about any aspect of this encounter. It was possible the majestic pose Mew had been striking had intimidated her or something. But why should she be scared of someone named Mew? It was really such a silly word, ridiculous to use for a name.

[html]
[/html]
[html]

Love your table by the way :]

Her ears perked as the young female in front of her started naming places she knew - old places from across the mountains. Say, had she lived alongside Mew when Mew was a child then, perhaps? Or maybe after she had left - the name didn't ring a bell. Then again, the girl had hardly had any contact with the outside world as a pup - after her mother abandoned her to please her own solitary mind she had spent time in her own company, shy with other people. Even with Haku she had been nervous, and Melisande had spent her days similarly, but not together with her twin sister. Melisande had been a mystery to Mew always - they looked almost exactly the same, but knew nothing of each other. The pale femme found that she was smiling as she recognized the words spoken by the other, and replying without control. It was nice to speak of old times and old places, even if there were only few positive memories from them. Most of Mew's time spent as a child was happily beholding the world around her, taking in every beautiful detail and appreciating it more than she could understand, now, as an adult.

........"Hehe, yeah I remember Lightning Bay - I liked to hang out there even when everyone said the rocks were dangerous. The ocean has always drawn me to it, I've never understood why."

........Pausing, Mew took a better look at the femme in front of her, attempting to determine whether she'd seen her before, or how old she was. Had she been a member of Clouded Tears? No, she could remember no such face, although her age seemed to roughly match her own.

........"Say, where did you grow up - which pack?"

[/html]
thanks x 2! first for the compliment, second for making me realize i forgot to put credit in my sig. XD. 302 words.

Tokyo was pleasantly surprised at the fact that this silly-named Mew knew her home. Theoretically, all the wolves previously living here had crossed over at the fire and reassembled in these new packs, but as far as she knew she hadn't actually met anyone yet that had lived in the lands of her birth. She grinned, continuing on about the ocean: "Yeah, it just feels so.. freeing. And the sound of the waves is great." The darker female unknowingly duplicated Mew's actions, considering the other form and trying to figure out if she had ever known her, if her form was familiar at all. Tokyo wasn't that great at determining ages, so she couldn't even really tell if she should be picking at her memory for a puppy or an adult. It would help to have a pack name, but while Mew asked where Tokyo grew up she hadn't yet offered the same information.

"I was born on Storm territory, my mother was staying there with my uncle, I went back with her to Jaded Shadows soon after and grew up there though. I spent a lot of time at Storm too, three of my siblings stayed there. How 'bout you?" Tokyo took a few steps closer, smoothing the wrinkles out of her dress and carefully settling herself on a boulder, picking one in particular where her vision off the peak was not obscured by the few scattered, surrounding trees. "I don't think I remember you from either of the two packs I know." Tokyo confessed almost apologetically. But hey, even if they didn't know each other, it was still nice to have someone to reminisce with. She brushed off some dust and a small spider from the surface of the rock, unslinging her bag and resting it on the smooth gray stone.
[html]
[/html]
[html]

Haha, brilliant. And so sorry for the wait - net fail and such :/

........The white femme nodded and kept her gaze on the other as she listened. Storm, Jaded Shadows... They were familiar names of packs she didn't know, had never known. She barely remembered the individuals of Clouded Tears, and had let alone met any members of the other packs. She had only spent a year there, before she went wandering, a lonely youngster into the world. All of the places in her memory had burned in her absence, and now she was here. Still the memories were dear to her, even if it lacked the presence of a proper family, like she had wished for at the time. Talking of old places carried with them old feelings, and delving into nostalgia with someone was something that she found she could enjoy.

........"I lived in Clouded Tears for a year, the granddaughter of the alpha there."

........Pausing, Mew glanced to the peculiar clothing the other was wearing, putting aside her negative opinions of such things. After all, why behave like a human, if one was not? She didn't see the purpose, and preferred her own suit from nature. The whole ordeal with clothing was simply strange to her. Smiling politely, she continued.

........"I left it, though, traveled the world. When I came back there everything was charred and broken, and I followed the scents here."

........In reality, she'd been lucky to arrive at the timing she did. Another few days and the scents would have dissolved into nothing, blending with the dying ashes of Bleeding Souls. She could only thank fate for the life she led now.

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... tokyo3.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding:15px; padding-bottom:0px;">
don't worry, i took almost as long! D: 322 words

Tokyo blinked at the entirety of Mew's story. It was certainly a strange coincidence, the fact that the newer Dahlian could have repeated the white female's words exactly, replacing "Clouded Tears" with "Jaded Shadows," and they would have been entirely accurate. It was just so weird that the twisting of fate would leave their pasts so similar. In the general, at least. The summaries that one spoke to acquaintances, if not the specific recollections one shared with friends. She gave voice to her thoughts, deeming them amusing enough to be spoken. "You know, it sort of went the same way for me, too. I was granddaughter of Jaded Shadows' alpha, but left a while after my mother did to go find her. But then..." She shrugged lazily. "Came back and it was all ash."

A thought struck her; a vague memory of a white youth in her pack, or near her pack, but from a different pack? Could it have been Clouded Tears? "Actually, I think.. maybe I met someone, from Clouded Tears? Her name was Melisande, I think." Tokyo contributed hopefully. It was a long-shot, but it would be interesting if anything came of it. Scouring her memories, those that stuck out were of the other children she had spent time with. Besides her siblings, that list consisted of a few vaguely remembered coyotes, a dumb mean puppy named.. Vienna? That won a race, by cheating. Melisande had been older, but her name stuck with Tokyo anyway because of what their encounter had led to - the tiny tattoo of a clover, that had once been embedded on her shoulder. She got it as a child, and it had warped as she grew, and was hard to see beneath her fur anyway. As a sort of strange beneficially side effect, Corvus had chewed mostly on that shoulder, and last she checked the pink healing flesh had no more distasteful green marks.
[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 383

........The smile on her face broadened as Tokyo's story mirrored her own - it seemed she was not the only one here who had spent the majority of their life away from the people they now surrounded themselves with. Perhaps a comfort, she didn't know, but she felt as if the female in front of her could be someone she would respect, even if she had been quite blunt when approaching her.

........"It seems we've got a lot in common."

........To herself, Mew thought that even though she'd been a direct descendant of the alpha, she'd never been spoilt. Not socially, and not with food or posessions. Was the same thing true about the female in front of her? Perhaps, because she didn't seem to be arrogant so far. Although the dress she wore made her feel as if she couldn't understand what kind of person she was. Normally, she thought those that dressed in human clothing were strange and unnatural, but this female seemed nice, and she would wait with judging her.

........When a familiar name ran across the femme's lips, Mew's own green eyes opened in surprise. Melisande. She'd not heard the name uttered by anyone but her brother (and that was only once), and not in a long time. She frequently thought of her sister, but had realized a long time ago that hardly anyone knew her, and that she had never really known her herself. The litter of three had gone their own ways after Colibri left them on their own, and without a father as a uniting force it was no mystery why the children had drifted apart. To hear someone else talking about her sister was a surprised, but she was pleased. Two seconds passed as she collected herself, and then inquired eagerly.

........"Melisande? She's my sister! I've not seen her since I left as a yearling! We were never close, but it wasn't because of bad feelings or anything."

........Pausing, the femme glanced at the ground before looking up again. Tokyo could prove to be a source of information on her sister, and hopefully she would learn something about her long-lost twin. The two had shared appearance to the last hair as children, but she'd never known if they did as adults, too.

........"How was she?"

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... tokyo3.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding:15px; padding-bottom:0px;">
321 words~

Surprisingly enough, Tokyo hadn't ever been spoiled by grandmother or parents. If anything, Ophelia had been too lax with her; too apathetic, too busy with six children to teach her ice-eyed daughter a realistic view on the world. Instead, her young daughter had merely taken every sign of affection and attention, as rare and unpredictable as they were, and blown them up way out of proportion, believing herself the favorite and worth and deserving of only the good things in the world. Tsunami had been a little better, but Tokyo had run off too early for his teaching to have any real impact on her, had gone out in a desperate search for a mother that didn't care to see her, that chased her daughter away when she was found.

Huh, that was quite a random coincidence. Not only was Melisande known by this white wolf, but sisters! Tokyo was pleased with how clever she was for bringing that up. This fact also have her a clearer perspective on how old the other female was: a few months older than Tokyo, because Melisande had been nearly grown, an almost-adolescent when she etched the tattoo into the puppy's shoulder. She shrugged at the question, not too certain on how to answer. If Mew saw her last as yearlings, she had probably said her goodbyes after Tokyo's short encounter with Melisande. But she would humor her with the story anyway, Tokyo was gracious like that and she knew she'd be quite fascinated to discover any wolf in these parts that had known any of her five siblings.

"She was doing well enough. We met because I tried to steal her bag of art supplies." A wry smile and a bashful, carefully drawn look: indicating of course that that sort of theft was a result of the shameful folly of youth. "But Melisande caught me, and I convinced her to give me a little clover tattoo."
[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 316

........Mew's face moved up and down, nodding as a very short tale spilled out of Tokyo's mouth. She was very interested, and though it seemed as if Tokyo had seen her right before Mew left Clouded Tears, and not after, it was still fun to talk about. She remembered her sister's passion for carving shapes into her skin with acids, although she'd never understood it. When Tokyo mentioned trying to steal her sister's kit, Mew laughed; a long string of small sounds trilling out of her as if they'd lined up and waited for this day a lifetime. Oh, Melisande would have been truly angry at something like that, having valued good morals highly just like Mew herself. Especially when they were kids.

........"Haha, I'll believe that was an interesting encounter."

........As Tokyo added another piece of the story, again Mew was not surprised. It was typical for both of them to somehow easily put away their skepticism and their anger if flattered or asked a favor. For some reason it seemed to be a family weakness, although she'd never seen a trace of it in Haku. Well, except the favor part, because her brother pur responsibility above many things.

........"Melisande was silly with her tattoos. Although, can I see it? I never saw any of her stuff, but I knew she did it. I thought it was silly, because I didn't really understand the ornamental value."

........After traveling for years she'd met many a wolf who took great pride in their tattoos, but when she'd been a yearling she had not understood. Perhaps Melisande had been further ahead of her. Likely, Mew would never know her sister at an adult age. It was sad, but the chance that she would pop into the world out of nowhere was so unlikely that the femme had simply given up. It didn't mean talking about her wasn't interesting, though.

[/html]
[html]
i am slow slow slow and short-post. maybe wrap this one up in a couple posts?

Mew laughed, and Tokyo was highly pleased by the reaction her words had earned. She nodded at her comment on the event - it certainly had been interesting, at least enough to stick in her mind with such detail for three and some odd years. When the white female requested to see it, though, Tokyo shook her head slowly. "I'd show you if I could." Wryly spoken words. Her left hand reached up, self-consciously rubbing the patch of short fur where the tattoo had previously been.

"It was a clover 'cause of my last name, Chance, thought it was fitting for good luck and good chance and all that." Although what Mew was probably most interested in was how the tattoo was lost. "Since I got it so young, it shrank and deformed a little bit as I grew, and recently I was attacked, and my shoulder was pretty torn up. Now it's healed and you can barely see it - I can't say I miss it too much, though, it really was a pretty silly thing." She laughed too, now, amused again at the ridiculous choices of youth. Tokyo stood up from the rock she was seated on, taking a step or two closer to Mew, holding up the sleeve of her dress so that the patch of shorter fur could be seen. Squinted ice blue eyes studied it very carefully, and she shrugged. "There's a little tiny bit of green still there, but not much."
[/html]
[html]

Slight ramble, sorry! And sure, we could wrap it up sometime soon :]
Word Count: 353

........Mew nodded as Tokyo spoke and unveiled more secrets of the life of Melisande. Melisande had been the oldest of the litter, some minuts ahead of herself, and then Haku last. How ironic that the situation was now turned around, and of the litter Haku came first in every situation, Mew second, and Melisande did not enter the scene at all. Life's irony, perhaps. Mew smiled as her green eyes noticed the movement of hand towards Tokyo's upper arm, curiously following her fingers as they moved. In a way, a piece of her sister was under those fingers, a piece of the Melisande Mew had known, and abandoned. Perhaps she was, in that sense, no better than her own mother. Who knew?

........Tokyo laughed and so did Mew, simply responding to social input. Then, the other femme rose from her seat, and again her hand went to her shoulder, lifting the cloth of her dress, for Mew to see. Curious, the ivory femme leaned forward and peered at the part of the shoulder Tokyo pointed at, but could barely see the little patch of green she spoke about. Indeed, the scar covered most of the area there, but indeed it did not seem as if Tokyo was too upset by it. Smiling carefully, Mew's form swung back to her original position, her eyes lingering a moment on the arm before moving to Tokyo's face. Getting the scar had probably not been very comfortable either, although a tattoo and a scar were very much the same in Mew's book. It could reveal secrets about a person.

........"I'll bet it wasn't exactly enjoyable getting that scar, but I guess a scar's much the same as a tattoo, except its existence is rarely self-chosen."

........Her hand moved without her knowing as she spoke, touching the horizontal scar that ran across her stomach. Together with a missing piece of her ear, it was the only remnant of the event that took her children, and nearly her life. It said things about Mew just as the clover said something about Tokyo, although not entirely in the same way.

[/html]
[html]
gahh, short sorry ;;. 191 words

To say that Tokyo wasn't very perceptive was a bit of an understatement. So focused was she on her own scar, of her once-tattoo, that she didn't notice Mew's hand brushing her own scar. In fact, she didn't even notice the other wolf's scar at all. Her mind was absorbed in the own memories of her own life, and Mew's interest only sharpened Tokyo's attention on herself. She had to make her stories fascinating. The conversation had drifted though, a little. No longer focused on the gray and brown female, but moving onto the general topic of scars and tattoos. Far less interesting. She was pretty well-rested by this point, and she was itching, a little, to get back on the road, to finish her trek and get back home. Tugging her dress sleeve back down, Tokyo swung her bag back up to her shoulder. "Yeaaah.. the scar wasn't enjoyable in the least." Tokyo left it at that; for all that the attention would be great, Corvus was too recent a demon to talk about casually. "But I should probably get back on the road. I'll see you around, I'm sure."
[/html]
[html]

Post again if you want :] I had fun with this thread!
Word Count: 342

........Mew nodded as Tokyo responded to her statement: clearly, she did not want to go into detail on that encounter. Very well, for Mew did not want to talk about fights or accidents. Both subjects were depressing, and for Mew they carried with them deep and neverending sorrow, some that she could not put away. She did not want to share them with more than those who already knew, no matter how pleasant Tokyo was as a person. Surprisingly, though, the femme mentioned something else as well: her departure. Mew's ears perked - had their conversation not just started? But in one way, it was fine. Mew had not asked for company, and she had come here with the intention of thinking in solitude, not taking part in conversation. So in a way, she got what she wanted. Trouble was, now that she was being social, she wasn't sure if that hadn't been what she wished for in the first place. Perhaps she thought she needed solitude, but the fake need for solitude existed solely because she in reality needed to be around others? It would not be the first strange trick her mind played on her. Now that she was engaged in conversation, she was pretty certain she enjoyed that better. Still, of course, Tokyo would leave if she wanted to, but something in Mew pushed her to make some form of abstract and vague agreement between the two, as if a semi-existent promise to properly define their acquaintance.

........"Yeah, nice meeting you! We should hang out one day, maybe?"

........It was a question, but it was not one that required an answer in this context. Perhaps it was more of a statement with a question mark - either way, Mew turned again, directing her attention elsewhere. Their encounter was in that sense concluded, but would Mew remain in this spot. It was Tokyo who had come here, and it was Tokyo that was leaving, but Mew Sadira was static. She had things to discuss with the view of the ocean.

[/html]