If I could change, and keep the rain away
[html]

The old man had painted. Jael had observed him while he’d worked and the man had promised to teach him, but his demise had arrived before he’d been able to fulfill that promise. Still, the pale boy wished to learn. But how odd would it be to ask a stranger to show him how? He didn’t believe many luperci possessed the talent, himself finding it rare to come across a being that even knew what painting was—this girl was only the second he knew of who actually painted counting the old man.

“Maybe sometime you could show me?” he asked shyly, voice growing faint with uncertainty. “And I could give you something in return? I don’t know what.. but I could try. I don’t have many talents really..” Food was the only thing that came to mind that he could provide in return for anything. Having lived alone after the old man, after his siblings had abandon him, and before Inferni, he’d had been forced to pick up proper survival techniques or perish in the process. And despite his small size and undernourished appearance, Jael was a fairly adept hunter. “It’s alright there,” he responded to her questions about his home.

Beautiful was not a word he used often to describe anything, but Jael did find pleasure in the world around him, even if he didn’t voice it. “Mostly everyone’s family in some way. And you can see the ocean,” the youth continued, thinking on the sea. The ocean fascinated him, intrigued by tales of sailors and pirates who crossed the endless blue to distant lands unimaginable by those who’d never seen them.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread