If I could change, and keep the rain away
[html]
(300)

“Really?” he said, a small smile dusting lightly across his lips. Pale, brush tail waved a few times in return—the she-wolf willing to teach him and not even desiring anything in return other than having someone else to paint with. He lowered his rear to the ground, making himself comfortable for their conversation as they continued. “Sometimes,” the boy said honestly, thinking on his family. Some he did enjoy being around, like his grandmother, and others, such as his own siblings, he didn’t get along with at all. Any time he was around his brother, Enigma, only harsh words were passed with snarling and bristling the entire time. All because of their sire, who’d lied and attempted to fill them with such hatred, permanently placing a wall between the brothers.

“Me and my siblings don’t really get along,” he admitted, sugar-coating the relationship they honestly shared, all because he looked more like their mother, a wolf, than the rest of them. Even the half-brother through his mother that he’d met Jael would never honestly consider family, finding the man arrogant and unnecessary. “What about your family? They don’t live with you?” He knew not everyone had the chance to live with their own blood, and obviously he knew nothing of the girl’s circumstances. Maybe they’d all died when she was young, or had been separated from them a long time ago. “I’d like to travel the sea someday—see new places far away from here,” Jael continued, a faintly whimsical note entering his soft-spoken voice.

Travel reminded him of the entire reason for their encounter and instantly the boy was back on his feet, facing east. “You wanted to go to the city to find paint—I’ll go with you,” he offered, one paw half-way lifted as though to start walking.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread