If I could change, and keep the rain away
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/ ... 2fab4a.png) bottom right no-repeat #0D0D0B; color:#fff; border:4px solid black; filter:alpha(opacity=80); -moz-opacity:0.8; width:325px; padding:5px; padding-bottom: 15px; margin:-55px auto 0 auto;" align=justify>

Secretly, death did frighten the boy, awakening him in the night with dreams of terror and eternal darkness. He didn’t believe in life after death or a soul’s reincarnation, but forever silence as you slowly decayed back into the earth from whence all life came. This scared him, for he didn’t wish to sleep forever, seeing nothing, hearing nothing, and simply ceasing to exist as a blanket of blank, unending blackness pressed in on all sides. Jael liked to exist. He liked to breath and see and to be. But that wouldn’t hold him back from enjoying the life he had while he did live. He could easily avoid everything that held the potential to end his existence, carefully attempting to evade the inevitable, but then he’d have wasted his precious short time here and accomplished nothing with his life, experiencing and learning nothing. He wished to sail the ocean and scale mountaintops, seeing all there was to see and taking in everything possible from this world. Fear would only hold him back, and he couldn’t stand for that. “Hey, why fear?” he asked lightly, grinning shyly. “I’d rather die in the jaws of some monster in a land far away then hide in some hole cowering because I’m scared,” and he spoke only what was true to him.

“I look too much like someone,” the pale creature replied vaguely, responding to her inquiry about him and his siblings. He’d always resembled their mother far too much with his pale coat and wolfish build, and so they’d turned against him, allowing that to manifest itself into absolute hatred. At least, Enigma had. Halo had always been closer to her other brother, but he didn’t know whether or not she truly hated him as their sibling did, or simply followed him because he’d believed Vitium. His voice had fallen, tone fading from muted excitement to sharp indifference, as though he didn’t care, when it really pained him to be so outcasted by his own blood for something he had no control over.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread