If I could change, and keep the rain away
[html]

Jael had never wished to be alone, but he’d grown accustomed to it. Why should his siblings wish to play with him when they hated him? He was a disgusting wolf and they didn’t wish to associate with him, let alone keep him company. They had always had each other, and he’d been the odd man out, left alone with only his solitude as a companion. He’d grown up that way, living in such a manner for so long he was unfamiliar with anything else. He’d sought Inferni as a means of having company in some form or another, and yet he distanced himself from the clan and inadvertently sought loneliness without even realizing it. It had been ingrained into his nature, not leaving room for much else. And he was comfortable being alone, knowing exactly who he was and not having to fear others creeping into his soul, finding out who he truly was. He didn’t even know why he was so scared of letting others in, and yet he refused to talk openly with this girl though he himself had chosen to walk alongside her.

“Yeah, but it’s only once a year here. I think I’d like snow all the time. And if I get tired of it, I can just leave and find someplace else to go,” he responded, adoring the idea of the world as his playground without any chains or bounds to hold him back save distance. He longed to be utterly free, traveling where he wished and observed all there was to see without a single real worry in the world, watching the sun rise from distant mountains and seeing the moon illuminate a thousand different skies. “Do you like snow?” he suddenly asked, fixating flaming eyes on the girl beside him.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread