If I could change, and keep the rain away
[html]

“Of course,” he agreed with a small smile, vaguely envisioning a wolf in gloves and snow boots and finding it a distinctly bizarre image. She motioned to his legs, speaking, and for a moment Jael didn’t know exactly what to say in response. She was joking, obviously, but his reply severely depended on whether or not he could make fun of himself for the sake of amusement. He chose to allow the joke, smirking faintly in an awkward manner. “Yeah, smear mud on me and I’ll be just like everyone else,” he responded—and to confirm this he leapt ahead, intentionally pouncing on a patch of damp, muddy earth in the road. Claws grazed the concrete as he turned back, peering around the city that surrounded them.

“Oh,” he voiced, again unsure how to react. “Not really,” he said softly, again offering a half forced smile for friendliness’ sake. “I like to walk around sometimes—good exercise.” He was partially lying, but no sense in the girl feeling bad about him accompanying her all this way for nothing. He hadn’t minded the walk at all, intending to wander around today in the first place, so nothing was lost on his part. “Maybe we should look around anyway.. just incase there’s another art store around here?” he suggested, glancing into the shadows of a gutted building and wondering what exactly an art store might look like.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread