That Search Has Ended
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... rncopy.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

I would have replied to this sooner, but I got busy, OnO
Sure, I don’t mind, ^=^ And if you could PM me after you’ve read it, that would be awesome, ^=^ Thank you~~ <3
500+

Anu looked away, but the warrior held her own gaze steady, those pale orbs shifting to follow that sudden movement. It was as if she were seeking to know what it was that crossed Anu’s mind. The woman with eyes like the water had grown tense, but why the woman couldn’t understand. She could not see the eyes of the other, and she could not know what it was that moved through her. The woman was silent, her mind lingering upon the first time Corvus had raped her and the second time he had. They had been quite different, but that was to be expected, she thought.... And yet, it had not been different in the expected way. But that fragile thought was shattered when the woman’s gaze returned to her.

Those white orbs considered the other with a soft contemplation. Would she be more than a warrior? Or would she be less? With this pregnancy, and, no doubt, with the litter that had yet to be born, the woman had and would have less freedoms as a warrior. It was a complicated thing for the warrior to contemplate, for it was not the life within her that she found troubling but simply the tasks that involved that life and hers. She wondered if that were selfish, for that was not her intent. She simply wished to do what her soul sang for her to do. She knew nothing of motherhood—was war even proper blood with which the pups should be born? Graine had been a warrior, but the song had not sung so strongly within her mother as it did within her. That song of war, of violence and of battle, was the only song she had known upon the fields of ice. It was all that she needed to make her live and breathe, and it made that bitter cold so bearable and beautiful. And so she would be held from that life for a long while. And perhaps that will keep her closer to home, she thought with mild optimism, if only to grow familiar with her packmates.

The woman heard the warmth of the other’s voice, and she could not help but to remember the importance of life. She knew the strangeness of holding life within her body now, knew the strange contentedness that she felt from such knowledge. Her fingers felt that strange warmth of her stomach that was so different from her own, different because it belonged to someone else. Perhaps Anu was right. Perhaps there was something more to this than the warrior’s mind was willing to see. She was no longer alone with simply that song of war to move her heart. She had love now with Onus, and she had that life within her. "Perhaps you’re right," the alto melody said at length, and her maw moved with a faint smile. She would try to see what Anu could see because she wanted to give to her pups what she did not have, and she wanted to give them life that could be better than it would have been should Corvus had succeeded (and, she realized, should Onus had died). She could give them that chance. "Thank you, Anu." The warrior was not accustom to being spoken to in such a way, but she felt the heaviness life, if only marginally, from her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread