Nothing is Ever by Chance
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... eather.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

"You didn’t have to," the soft melody countered, a barely discernable smile moving across her lips. "Your presence here speaks louder than your words ever could." If there was one thing that the warrior could understand, it was action. "Every beast has the potential to harm someone—even me." The white orbs watched the other carefully. She would not deny that she had killed many upon the fields of ice. Some had attacked her, others she had attacked first. One or two had been in cold blood, and she was not proud of it. But the solitude in that cold, white place had been wild and hostile, and it had made her wild and hostile too. The Raven Spear hummed quietly in her hands as her soul remembered, and the weapon grew hungry and sang menacingly at the husky. But the woman did not raise her weapon against him, and she would not unless he pushed across the Dahlian boarders. Neither the pregnancy nor the wounds would hinder her. She was a warrior, and she could still overcome her weaknesses.

There was a moment in which there was silence, those white orbs considering the other as if he continued to speak. "Yes, I would fight. I would give my life for the one I love," the quiet alto replied at length. But life was not something special that she had given him—she would lay down her life to protect her pack. While the instinct to survive had run strongly through her, she had decided several weeks ago that she would and could end her pack’s trouble with Corvus, and, because it was her presence that caused such troubles, the black fae had been resolved to die, knowing that death would be held at bay for a year. No, life was not something special that could be given to the man that she loved. She had given to him her love and her soul, and those things she had never shared with another. The black fae wished that there was more that she could give to him, but that was all she had. Often, she could not even give him time, but they had understood that from the start. The love that was shared between Cwmfen and Onus was not quite the same as the love between others.

So it had been Leroy that had found Svara. She wondered if Onus thought often of the night he had found Corvus with her.... "I know how difficult it must have been to see someone you love that way," the quiet alto offered. The woad marked fae thought often of that night of cold rain when Onus had been bleeding out alone. She remembered that feeling in her heart like the tip of a blade tickling her soul, and she knew that it must have been a numbing fear, but that she had not been able to understand that feeling. It was that night that it had dawned on her that she could love and that she loved him, and she had shown him with a kiss. How sudden and strange Love was, and how unbearable it would be if he died. "Can it not be enough that she is alive?" the woman asked quietly. She wondered if that could ever be enough. The fingers of her left hand pushed through the soft fur of her growing belly, wondering what Onus thought when he saw how her body allowed Corvus’ seed to grow within her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread