Gold in the Sunset
[html]

He really couldn't believe how jumbled and messed up their family had become. For so long everything had seemed so perfect to him. Maybe he had just been seeing things through the overly optimistic eyes of a pup, but still, it had felt perfect. And now look at them. All broken apart and at least half of them with some very serious problems. How had all that happened? How had they gone from the perfect little unit into something like a piece of shattered glass? It was like there was some domino effect ruling them now. One of them fell and brought everyone else down with them. Was there a way to escape it?

Haven wasn't sure he believed his sister when she said she was fine, that she had just lost her breath. It had seemed a bit more serious than that. As much as he wanted to pursue it and make her answer him truthfully he decided now was not the time. Now they had much bigger things to think about and deal with. Gods...their own mother a drug-addict, exiled from the pack. It had been a chapter of their family he never could have expected. He had always viewed his pale mother as perfect as her white coat, and now there was a deep black smudge on that image in his mind. It made him feel sick.

The youth hoped his sister was right. He couldn't imagine her not feeling guilt over what had happened. Even if it hadn't been intentional she had hurt a pup. A pup that belonged to her best friend and brother. How in the world could she not be sorry for that? But then Mati started to apologize and he slowly shook his head from side to side. "It's okay Mati. I...I'm glad you came. I'd rather you be here than alone out there. And don't worry about that, I'm stronger than I was." He tried to manage a weak smile, but failed before it had begun. Her last words made icy cold fingers wrap around his heart. "But...what can we do?" If all that had happened couldn't make her stop, what could they do?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread