Gold in the Sunset
[html]

She had only had a little bit of the liquor. Not even enough for a full sized beast to become drunk, she had felt better, the ache in her body softened and she was no longer as stiff and tense. But it also left a foul taste in her mouth the longer she sat, and she could sense that a pain in her head would be present in the morning. Maybe it had been that she knew Haven had found some sort of twisted comfort in the drink that made her go to it this night, but Mati had truly just found it and opened it. Such little thought had gone into it that she almost feared how easy the decision had been.

Where was her heart? The young woman opened it, and searched. It was clouded and dark, darker then she had expected. She hadn’t wanted to look, she hadn’t for sometime. But now it was necessary, so that she could know this answer and live according to it. A light did shine, small but unyielding. She found that she saw the faces of the small wolves she cared so much for. They smiled at her and in a silence that called for her for protection and love. It was there, in the lives of the children that graced her pack’s domain that held her heart.

“My heart is with the pack.” She spoke. For the pups were the pack, and thus that was where she was to keep her loyalty. When she had held Cambria, the sickness of the poison ranging like a silent storm in her blood Mati had taken a pledge and she was to live by it. And by the light within her heart. “I couldn’t hate her, even if it tried.” Mati looked at Haven and smile a weak and heartless smile. She would not hate her family. Thoughts did not venture towards her sire, for he was nothing to her. The gods had given them two mother, and their family was complete. “I never thought I would be chasing after one of them, and scolding them.” Her voice was lighter as she spoke of Anu and Naniko.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread