forgive the flaws
[html]Dierdre had never had to experience joining a pack; or...she hadn't had to experience it the same way that the others had. When she'd gone looking for her mother she had told Phoenix and her other family figures that she was planning on coming back. So they'd been expecting her. Her father Physe's pack had become disbanded by then, though, so she had come to stay with Phoenix and his new mate Iskata instead. There had never really been a joining process for her, only a "I couldn't find mother...can I stay here?" and a "of course you can."

But she did know what it was like to be new somewhere. When she'd come back the pack had been completely different from when she had left; she'd had to prove herself all over again, that she could be dependable. Phoenix had given her the borders to scout because he thought that she would do a good job at it.

The luperci gave Kachiina an encouraging smile when she recieved a greeting, listening to what the new wolf had to say. "It's nice to meet you, Kachiina. I'm Dierdre Rhiannon, the Spaherin here. It's a border-scout rank. I haven't had the chance to greet many newcomers yet, but I think that I'm supposed to ask you a few questions. Do you have any skills that might be useful to our pack?" She knew that they would take this new wolf even if she had no skills at all...but Kachiina didn't know that. Storm's numbers were a little low, and a good active member would be good for the pack overall.[/html]

Messages In This Thread