forgive the flaws
[html]

* Kachiina —
* December—January of 2006/07
* Luperci
* hady.fang@hotmail.com">shady.fang@hotmail.com
* e-mail = msn
* I pressed the pretty button on WWS (:

Light-weighted paws barely left a trail in the snow as a small female walked gracefully forward, youthful body and mind leading her into the unknown with a skill-level below what it should be. Her sheltered life led to the naivety of the girl, but that did not stop her from escaping the confides of her sheltered tribe, escaping the traditions passed down from generations of Luperci females… escaping her family. It wasn’t that she didn’t love them, she just didn’t believe in solely being taught to rear children, which wasn’t exactly her desire at only a year old. Thoughts consumed her motions, and she came to a pause, nostrils twitching calmly.

A shiver traveled along the agouti female’s spine as she stood idly upon pack borders. Teal eyes were trained unto the widespread forested fields, blanketed in pristine-looking snow. She gave her Lupus-self a vigorous shake, standing quite still afterwards. There were so many scents floating about the place, and the innocent Kachiina was quite unsure of what her next move was supposed to be. Clearing her throat, the gray werewolf fell placidly to her haunches at the border, fearing to cross, but also unwilling to walk away in case she missed someone.

Instead, the young girl decidedly began to entertain herself by morosely rolling a stone around between her paws.
[/html]
[html]Hello there Smile I'm James. Welcome to 'Souls!

She put her bow back over her shoulder, relaxing. It seemed that the arrow had flown true this time, straight into the notch she'd made in the tree trunk fifteen yards away. Dierdre was getting better at this, using her bow, better and better each day. No matter what she was doing during the day she always made time to take it out and practice. Her father had a bow, as well, and they planned on meeting to practice their aim later on. She would enjoy seeing Phoenix again; he'd been the one to help her bring the bow back from the human city in the first place.

The light colored werewolf ran to retrieve her arrow, her feet making big tracks in the snow as she went. After pulling the arrow out of the tree she turned, heading back toward the den that she shared with Pilot. She'd tell him about her progress. Someday she might use the bow to hunt something real, something moving...but she wouldn't tell Pilot that. He didn't have a taste for rabbit or squirrel.

Dierdre stopped for a moment, an odd scent reaching her nose. She knew the Storm lands well, knew what smells belonged there and what ones didn't...this one didn't. The border scout quickly unstrung the bow and started toward the borders, coiling the string and putting it into a pouch on the side of the quiver. She tried to hurry to the place where the smell was coming from, but her strength wasn't completely back yet. She'd spent the last few weeks, with the exception of the past couple of days, sick in her den...sometimes she ran out of strength still.

Her mismatched, yellow and blue eyes searched along the snow ahead as she walked, looking for any sign of another. The Storm borders were long, and it could take a little bit to get to the wolf that waited there. When she crested the next hill she saw the figure, a wolf waiting just beyond the treeline.

"Hello there...and welcome. These lands belong to the Storm pack; do you have business here, stranger?"[/html]
Hola, love! (: Thank you!

[html]

She had sat there for a while—maybe an hour, give or take some time—and for all that time. Kach’ had entertained herself with some sticks, a mind game, counting, and a bit of talking to herself. She wasn’t unused to being alone, but it wasn’t something she preferred. So the female was quite glad when her teal eyes flashed upon the mis-matched ones of a fellow Luperci, pale in coloration. The young female wagged her tail, immediately falling into a submissive crouch upon the pack member’s approach.

H-Hello… she began, feeling her tongue begin to tie in immense nervousness. I-I’m Kachiina… an-and I was looking for a new home… she trailed off now, unsure as to what would be appropriate to say at this time, and what wouldn’t. “Can I crash at your place?” certainly wasn’t appropriate. This St-Storm pack is the first that I have come across… would I be we-welcome to join the ranks, possibly?

She was moving a little fast, she realized; but was young, jittery, and incredibly eager.

[/html]
[html]Dierdre had never had to experience joining a pack; or...she hadn't had to experience it the same way that the others had. When she'd gone looking for her mother she had told Phoenix and her other family figures that she was planning on coming back. So they'd been expecting her. Her father Physe's pack had become disbanded by then, though, so she had come to stay with Phoenix and his new mate Iskata instead. There had never really been a joining process for her, only a "I couldn't find mother...can I stay here?" and a "of course you can."

But she did know what it was like to be new somewhere. When she'd come back the pack had been completely different from when she had left; she'd had to prove herself all over again, that she could be dependable. Phoenix had given her the borders to scout because he thought that she would do a good job at it.

The luperci gave Kachiina an encouraging smile when she recieved a greeting, listening to what the new wolf had to say. "It's nice to meet you, Kachiina. I'm Dierdre Rhiannon, the Spaherin here. It's a border-scout rank. I haven't had the chance to greet many newcomers yet, but I think that I'm supposed to ask you a few questions. Do you have any skills that might be useful to our pack?" She knew that they would take this new wolf even if she had no skills at all...but Kachiina didn't know that. Storm's numbers were a little low, and a good active member would be good for the pack overall.[/html]