i'm done feeling like a skeleton.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/char ... _tears.jpg); background-color:#0E141B; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:246px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">

The silvery canine nodded, looking at Spirit with a mix of wonder and sympathy in his eyes. Maybe they weren't so different, after all. Even if she was as feral as he was sheltered and kind, they had their similarities. He offered her a muted smile, lighting up his azure eyes from behind for a long moment before he spoke. "I understand. I love my family, and as much as I miss 'em, I dunno if I ever wanna go back," he said, shaking his big head from side to side. "Sometimes the ones you love most can be the worst to you, huh?" he asked rhetorically, able to view the feral femme in a new light altogether. She was not so different from the pallid wolf.

Rendall also seemed to have experienced a fair amount of trauma in her young life, and Charon frowned, disappointed to hear that others would find her beautiful coat abnormal. Well, yeah, it was pretty weird and abnormal, but that didn't make it any less pretty. Her fur gleamed sapphire in the sun, devouring the light and casting it back in a different color—so what? That wasn't any reason to hate her. "Well, that's not fair at all, Rendall," he said, frowning. "Your old pack should have seen you for what you are, something special and unique," the wolf said reassuringly.

He didn't know many of the canines in Souls, but he couldn't see how any of them could hate her simply for the color of her fur. Char sure didn't, he thought it was really pretty—and maybe if they were closer in age, he might have pursued her, but Rendall was still a tad young for his tastes. If he was right, she wasn't even a yearling yet. He was almost three himself, though it certainly wouldn't seem it from his childish demeanor and his kind, happy nature. Still, she hardly deserved poor treatment just because of the way she looked, and it almost made Charon angry to hear that she'd been kept to the shade for a good part of her life.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread