i'm done feeling like a skeleton.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/char ... _tears.jpg); background-color:#0E141B; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:246px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
Whisper Beach.

The sky was coated in a thick cover of clouds, dark and gray and brewing. Though they threatened rain, it had yet to come. Charon was glad for that; he hardly knew where to find shelter here. He had sort of figured out what this place was—there wasn't just one pack here, there were actually several. Charon had never been so excited before in his life upon learning that fact from the first wolf he'd met, a pale white wolf who went by the name of Lannen. That experience hadn't taught him much, however, and Charon was eager to explore more on his own. He'd already discovered the city, and he'd spent the last few days rummaging through there, delighted at the number of human artifacts he'd discovered there.

Even so, the silvery canid wasn't sure he wanted to settle there. After all, he hadn't found much in the way of food, and after two days his belly growled and grumbled. He had followed the winding highway out of the city to this place, to the sea. The ocean was strange here; it was calmer and less icy than he'd ever seen it. Char had never seen a shoreline that wasn't jagged ice. Even the lack of freeze didn't make this beach any more interesting, however, and after a quick look around he continued along the highway, his large Secui claws clicking rhythmically against the asphalt as he went about his merry way, tail swishing behind him. After a few minutes of this travel, and he departed from the human road to the wilderness, heading deeper into the forest.

His gait was slow, and for once, Charon seemed like the predator he looked. He was a massive wolf, with large shoulders and a heavy-set belly that had begun to shrink during his travels. His father was a rather large wolf, and some might go so far as to call him fat, though Charon had never so much as thought those words. He feared his father, and the punishments he'd endured as a child and even an adult were sore reminders why he'd left the place he'd been born. The hunger gnawing at his belly forced him to focus for a minute, and he slowed even further, taking careful steps and being as quiet as a creature as large as Charon could be.

The Secui's walk slowed, and he halted, barely twitching a muscle as his deep azure eyes gazed forward, peering at the young female doe grazing nearby a patch of dense underbrush. Without so much of a whisper of a plan, Charon exploded from the underbrush, leaping forward at the frightened creature as she took off, diving into the thick underbrush. The big wolf followed, plunging carelessly into the thicket of brambles and vines. The smaller creature rather quickly escaped through underbrush while Char was still flailing in its shallows, too large to so easily maneuver himself around in the thicket of foliage. Already, the wolf realized further pursuit was futile, and he carefully disengaged himself from the tangled mess, and sat down glumly, picking a thorn out of his forepaw with his teeth and spitting it on the ground in anger. Great. Now he was hungry and his damn paw hurt. What else could go wrong?

[/html]
The pup's day began like it usually did, after she had woken up, she would stretch out her stiff leg and began to work on getting back on her feet, she had even began to start practicing hunting once more, she wouldnt let an accident get in her way. she decided to trot over to the sandy coast of Pheonix Vally, and traveled north, well north-east to be exact, she knew the forests up around there and wanted to see after almost two months away, if it had changed at all.

Soon the sand gave way to forests and shrub, the pup could start to smell other pack scents as well, she wondered if she had stumbled accross a neutral land, the idea frightened her and she turned to leave, however she heard wat seemed to be a struggle within the forests and hoping noone was in danger, trotted swiftly inside the forest, intented though on running back as fast as she could, the noises didnt seem to be that far away and she traveled quickly, however she squealed when a doe came charging at her, she dove for the nearest trunk and out of the doe's path, only then did she realize it was running from someone...or something

Rendall put her nose into the air and caught a strong scent of wolf, she tensed up her muscles and peered around the tree, in a small clearing was one of the biggest wolves she had ever laid eyes on, his light silvery color and dark markings interested her, however she stayed where she was, there was no telling where this male came from, or what his exact intentions were.
[html]
http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/char ... _tears.jpg); background-color:#0E141B; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:246px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">
Hooray! I'm so glad someone replied to this. :]

The big wolf was pretty upset. His belly was growling and both his dignity and his paw ached, and he was not in a good mood, for once in his merry life. He almost wished he was back at home, tucked away with a book in some corner of his warm house, his mother making some stew downstairs in the kitchen. He was salivating at that thought, and so lost in memory was the silver wolf that he did not recognize the presence of another until the child's scent drifted over to him on the slight breeze. His head jerked upright and he fell on a black and white pup's face, peering over at him from behind a tree.

He smiled meekly over at her, nodding his big head in her direction. "I see you there!" he called, his voice friendly and it's usual low baritone. Already things were looking up—puppies always brightened the mood, and by the looks of it this one was about six or seven months of age, maybe a bit younger. He grinned at her and waved a big paw, lifting it awkwardly. He wasn't as stiff in motion as a Lupus, but his Secui form wasn't intended to wave, either, and he looked rather silly.

"Come on out," he added, wagging his tail now. He had set his foot back down on the ground, and he was looking over eagerly in the youngster's direction. Char really liked puppies; he remembered his mom growing big and round with them, and often he really badly wanted to be a father. He loved playing with puppies and goofing off with them, it was just too much fun. The indigo gaze regarded the blue-black youth, his teeth showing in a friendly smile.

[/html]
Spirit walked quietly through the forest and sighed deeply. She had not been in a thick forest like this one since she had left her tribe's territory. Suddenly, Spirit caught the scent of something other than the sweet, earthy smell of the forest. There were wolves nearby. Spirit sighed agian. This was to be expected, after all this land is unclaimed. Stretching her legs, Spirit headed off, following the wolfish scent.

After some time, Spirit heard voices coming from thick bush close by. As she came closer, Spirit saw two wolves in the bush. One of them was greyish and looked very young. The second wolf, on the other hand, was huge and bulky. His fur was silver. Spirit studied the silver wolf closely. It didn't take long for Spirit to realise that this wolf was in his secui form. Spirit quietly morphed into her secui form, showing that she was not intimidated by him.
Rendall slowly came out from behind a tree, her tensed muscles caused her leg to go stiff once more and she had to limp over to the large wolf, he greeted her with a kind smile and a tail wag, she noticed he was in his secui form, wich made him look all the more bigger, seeing as though she was still in her lupus form, "Whats your name?"

she continued to limp forward, her tail wagging slightly in response to the males, but the scent of another wolf caught her off guard, she quickly turned to see a grey female with large ember eyes. She practically hit the ground hiding amongst the shrubs hoping the sun wouldnt come out, she didnt need anymore attraction to her, she studied the grey she-wolf, the female didnt look at her though, her eyes were on the large male with a defensive look in her eyes.
[html]
Omg! This is the greatest thing ever to Charon. TWO wolves to befriend? haha. Thanks for joining, Spirit! Big Grin

The big silver wolf was ready to make friends. He loved puppies like any normal wolf did, holding them pretty high up on his list of likes. Those sharp, white teeth showed, though his smile was perfectly pleasant. It was doubtful the big Arctic wolf had a single mean bone in his body; malice just did not seem a part of his character. He wasn't a stranger to anger and irritation, however; it was these twin emotions which had helped drive him from his original home in the frozen north. The youngster slid out from behind the tree, carrying an obvious limp in her paw. There was an immediate frown on Charon's muzzle, and he wondered if someone had actually gone and hurt the child. That thought darkened his mind a little, and he wondered if whoever had hurt this kid was right behind her. Char would give him a piece of his mind, for sure. Not that he wouldn't get his behind romped when they actually got to fighting—as big as he was, the Secui had never been in a serious fight in his life and he had virtually no experience. If he managed to win, it would be by sheer size and dumb luck.

He grinned at her as she came towards him, that white flag still waving behind him. "I'm Charon, nice to meet—" and before he could finish his thought, the pup was on the ground, cowering. His big indigo eyes followed her gaze, falling on Spirit just as she finished her shift. For once, the silvery male's smile was uncertain, though he did not hesitate to display it to the female. She was a fair bit older than the youngster, and Char wondered darkly for a minute if this was the one who had hurt the black and white puppy. He would protect the youngster, if so. "Hey there," he called over to her, less certain than he had been before about greeting the younger wolf. He wasn't quite sure what was going on here, but so long as the new stranger was friendly, Char wouldn't have any problem hanging out with these two this afternoon. His tail wagged in a friendly manner, showing no aggressiveness toward the other wolf, though he did take one big step toward Rendall, closing the distance between himself and the puppy.

[/html]
No problem. Wink

Spirit glanced at the puppy while emerging from the bushes then turned her gaze back to Charon. She nodded curtly and replied "Greetings." Spirit wasn't trying to be rude or grumpy; she was just wary. Charon seemed quite friendly, albeit a little uncertain. The puppy, on the other hand, appeared to be either afraid, submissive or both. Spirit wasn't bothered by this as her bulky form, shaggy fur, piercing amber eyes and crescent-moon tattoo made her look a little wild.

Stretching her muscular legs, Spirit sat down and narrowed her eyes warily. She still wasn't quite ready to trust the strangers. They were not a threat but Spirit learned to be cautious during her lessons within the tribal forest. Still regarding the strangers warily, Spirit scratched her ear with her hind foot. She didn't dare let her guard down.
The pup looked warily over to the grey female and got back up, never taking her eyes off her till the silver male closed the distance between him and her, the pup, not wanting to be rude Rendall looked at the female's amber gaze, "hello..." she then turned her attention to the big silver male "Hello Charon, my name is Rendall."
[html]
    The newcomer was sort of scary-looking. She was very large and muscular, rippling with strength. She had about a foot and a half on even Charon, who had always considered himself a pretty big wolf. She appeared rather wild, with her mane completely unkempt and wild. Charon knew immediately he didn't want to mess with her, but for all her wildness Char did not find her unattractive. She was dangerous, he knew, as he watched her settle down some he couldn't help but think she was was pretty. There was something very wild and untamed about her, completely different from the sheltered life Charon had lived thus far.

He would have introduced himself, but the little pup who'd been here first took care of that, speaking both her names. He grinned down at her and then his gaze went back to Spirit. "It's great to meet both of you," he said, the uncertainty fading from him. Wild as the newcomer looked, he didn't think she would be unnecessarily malicious. So long as he did not cross her, things would be okay, he figured. "I could use a couple of friends," the man ventured, his silvery tail wagging again. Rendall seemed a little more relaxed, though both of the females now accompanying him simply seemed wary of each other. "Do you guys, uh, know each other or anything?" he asked, unwilling to let conversation become awkward silence.

[/html]
"Hi..." was Spirit's reply to Rendall. She turned back to Charon and replied "No, the only way I would know Rendall is if she was from my tribe, which she is not. For one thing, she is too young to be out of my tribe's forest. She also does not have the tattoo of my tribe." Spirit spun around on her haunches, showing Charon the tattoo on her right shoulder.

Sighing again, Spirit shook her mane as she sat down again. She was feeling less wary towards Charon and Rendall. Charon seemed a little more relaxed and Rendall wasn't cowering anymore.
The little pup rolled her Azul eyes at the female, she figured that someone as wild and untamed as she wouldnt know to be humble at all, just to know how being a "true wolf" meant she could do anything and get away with it and that no one in their right mind had put her in her place, but the pup kept her mouth shut, she didnt need to start a fight when she was just healing from one. After all, she didnt know the female and for all she knew the she-wolf could have a completly different story about her.

However the pup did agree (and thanked in her mind) that she was not apart of the females tribe, she didnt think that she could last in a tribe such as that, at least she almost hadnt in her begining life. " No i'm not apart of her tribe nor do i know her, i just didnt see her, so she came as a bit of a surprise thats all. And seeing as though my leg isnt fully healed, i didnt need to draw attention to myself. No, i'm from Pheonix Vally." she looked back over to the female trying to be as nice as she could, "so whats your name? i noticed you already know mine."
[html]
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42 ... est-26.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:0px;background-color:#001a36;background-position:bottom;">
         The big wolf was pretty comfortable now, and he sat back down to his haunches, content to watch the two females as they conversed. Spirit spoke first, whirling around in her heels and showing off a tattoo on her should. He marveled—his family had strictly forbidden bodily adornments, and the fresh piercings in his ear would have earned him a hard hit from his father's stick. "Oooh," the wolf said, leaning his head forward to get a better look at the marking on Spirit's shoulder. "That's really pretty," he complimented, again marveling at her size and strength. There was that feral quality to her Charon had not seen; most of the canines he'd encountered thus far were at least partially civilized. This wolf, however, was entirely different from most—there was a wild freedom in her, evident in the shagginess of her hair and the bulk of her muscle.

Rendall began to spoke, and the big wolf nodded, listening to her. "How'd you get hurt? I've never heard of this Phoenix Valley place. I'm pretty new here, actually. I came from way, way up north, it's so cold and it's frozen all the time." He laughed, a deep, jolly sound, and shook his head, missing the snow. When Rendall redirected her attention back to the other female and inquired about her name, Charon looked over in interest, his deep blue eyes again finding the large she-wolf. He wondered how she would take Rendall's question; Char hadn't seen the younger female roll her eyes before. He was just interested to find out who this newcomer was and where she came from—now both Char and Rendall both had shared their names and points of origin. It would only be right for the new female to do the same. He smiled, as if to encourage her.

thanks to jael for the table!
[/html]
"I'm Spirit and thanks for the compliment. My father was the one who tattooed me," Spirit replied. She noticed Rendall rolled her eyes in Spirit's direction but that didn't faze Spirit at all. She really did not care what others thought about her appearance.

Spirit stretched her cramping muscles and watched Charon converse with Rendall. He seemed happy and easygoing, whereas Rendall appeared tense and uncomfortable.
The child giggled at Charon's response to Spirits tattoo, the pup thought it was pretty, and nodded with Char in agreement, "Do all the wolfs get thier tattoos from thier parents or was that just with you?" the pup was starting to relax alittle and was becoming curious of the feral female. Rendall wondered if she would ever be as wild when she would leave Pheonix Vally, which, as she was dreaded to admit, would be only a month away.

Char's question brought her out of her thoughts, she looked down at her leg, all bandaged up, and winced at the memory of the tale behind it. "I uh....i got attacked by a puma, i didnt see or smell it, i just kinda fell on it, parsay, and it almost killed me and my family." it was a sore subject, but she always knew that talking about it would help ease the tension from it all.She was happy to notice that the male, much like her had comre from the far north. " I was born up there too, in the tundra, but ive been in Pheonix Vally for a while, Pheonix Vally is a pack-owned territory just south of here, i live there with my friends, they're like family to me, so since my gaurdian left, i've lived with them."
[html]
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42 ... est-26.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:0px;background-color:#001a36;background-position:bottom;">
I'm sorry if this post is crappy, I'm not really in a char mood right now, lol.

Both of the other females seemed more calm around each other, and Charon released what little anxiety he held and relaxed to enjoy their company. His big pink tongue lolled out of his muzzle, panting even in the lessened heat of the overcast sky. He nodded at Spirit's words, wondering what it was like to have a family tradition of bodily modification. His own parents would have disowned him for the tiny studs he wore in his ear, and they disliked when he made leather jewelry. After his mother had never worn the necklace he made for her, he knew better. That memory brought a rare stab of pain to Char's chest, for he loved his mother very much and thinking of that made him miss her. "Do you know how to do that? I got my ears pierced," he pulled back some of the massive gray scruff around his neck to show her the piercings, buried far into the lobe of his ear, "But I'd love to get one of those. I mean, not that design, since that's your tribe's design and I don't wanna steal it. But another picture, yeah." He laughed nervously when he had stumbled over his words, hoping that Spirit wouldn't take offense.

He wanted to draw Spirit more into the conversation; he wanted to be her friend, too. Rendall might have found him first, but Charon could never, ever have too many friends. Rendall had her own question about the tattoo, and Char was glad to see that the two were interacting better than upon their first meeting. "Aww, I'm sorry. I got attacked by a bear up north, when I left my home," he said, showing off the knotty scar tissue on his arm. "Don't you miss the cold? I do," he said, a hint of wistfulness on his tone. "Phoenix Valley must be a nice place to live. You don't have to be born there to live there?" the wolf marvelled. A pack that allowed just anybody, not just family? Such a thing sounded wonderful to the silvery male, and his jaw hung slightly agape. Maybe he could go live there?

thanks to jael for the table!
[/html]
Spirit shook her mane and replied, "It depends on the parents and the pup in question. Some parents prefer to have another male wolf that's at least 12 months of age to do it and others prefer the father do it. It varies and it is usually discussed with the pup or pups before a decision is made." Spirit turned to Charon and shook her head. "Only the males of my tribe learn to tattoo. Nice piercings, by the way. I don't where you can go to get a tattoo, except for my tribe and they don't like strangers. I'm honoured that you have respect for my tribe. Had you decided otherwise, I would've had to kill you for theft and disrespect."

She sighed and stretched contentedly. She was glad Rendall was more relaxed. She listened intently to Rendall's story. Phoenix Valley sounded like an interesting place but Spirit had no desire to go there because it was pack-owned. She was loyal to her tribe alone.
its all good ^.^

The pup listened as the two conversed about tattoos and peircings. She wondered lightly if she should get some and giggled inspite of herself, she really couldnt see herself being all that tough, but a few piercings sounded nice. She looked at the studs in Chars ear and wagged her tail in response to them "I like those, and your tattoo, Spirit, i like that too, though, i dont think i could ever get one....i'm too much of a whimp" she grinned i'm more of a necklace person" she showed them the little gold locket she wore snuggly around her neck. She had to find some new blue ribbon to tie it due to the other one getting stained purple from blood....

She wore her locket proudly, it had been the last thing her mother gave her, on the inside was a galic writing [i]Tottom Te Rebore Reddam[i] she didnt know what it meant, but along with it were hairs of her mothers and fathers unique coats. She listened to Charons question about the cold. " I do miss it sometimes, but the rain makes up for it, i try to get as much as i can when the sun isnt out. I'm not one for sunlight you see." she hoped the conversation would stay light, she didnt know if these wolves enjoyed what her gift was. Her fur was niether peircings nor tattoos, and she didnt know how they would react, but she stayed light.

"Oh and no you dont have to be born into Pheonix Vally to live there, you just have to ask permission from either Jefferson or Geneva, our well, leaders, Jefferson is kinda grouchy but hes not too bad, and Geneva is really nice, but shes kinda withdrawn." she noticed that Spirit found Pheonix Vally interesting but not livable, and Rendall had respect for that.
[html]

At last, it seemed they'd stumbled on a conversation Spirit enjoyed. Body modification was a topic that Char really liked, and he wanted one of those tattoo things badly now. He was sorry to hear that the big feral femme could not tattoo herself; he was sure the disappointment was evident on his face, but it was replaced quickly enough with nervousness. The pallid wolf was quite certain Spirit could knock him six ways to Sunday if she wanted to, and he was most certainly not looking to pick a fight with her. He grinned broadly, though there was surely a twinge of anxiousness to it now, evident also when he spoke. "Good thing I ain't a thief or disrespectful, then, eh?" he said, his indigo eyes flicking to Rendall to check to see if she had a reaction the statement as well. She hadn't, and his gaze returned to Spirit. "Too bad, I guess. One of those things would be awesome," the wolf said wistfully.

The big wolf nodded in response to Rendall, sympathizing. He enjoyed the rain a heck of a lot more than he liked beaming sunlight; it was easier to be wet and cool than dry and overheated. His thick coat wasn't made for these temperatures. "It sure does rain here a lot. Thank God for that, though, 'cause otherwise I'd probably just wilt," the silvery canine added with a laugh. It was deep and it rumbled from his chest, practically infectious as it rang out over the stilled afternoon air.

The gray wolf turned to peer at Rendall's necklace, and he grinned even bigger (if it was possible) to show his appreciation. "That's really pretty!" he commented, his massive white tail sweeping the ground behind him. He was so glad to have met these two in this little forest; he listened with interest as she spoke of Phoenix Valley. He marvelled at the idea of an open pack, and he memorized those two names—Jefferson and Geneva. That might come in handy later. "Phoenix Valley's not far, then. Maybe I'll go and visit to see if I like it there," he ventured, his tail wagging. "Is your tribe far from here, Spirit?" Char asked.

[/html]
Spirit cocked her head and then stated coolly, "Thanks. You're not the only one who prefers necklaces to tattoos and piercings. Nice locket." She paused, turning to Charon before continuing, "Yes, it is. A lot of people say that but they need to realise that the tattoo is permanent. Yes, my tribe is quite far from here but that's the way they like it."

Spirit scratched her ear with her hind foot and watched Charon and Rendall conversing. She was glad that they showed her tribe respect.
She smiled at spirits compliment. "Thank you. its not that dont prefer necklaces over them, i'm too much of a baby to get one, i'm not too keen on pain. but i think that if i was ever brave enough i loved to get a whole bunch of them. But still, i think your right though, they are to be considered over carefully." she liked talking about the tattoos and the piercings.

She watched the female scratch behind her ear, she hoped that she didnt offend the she-wolf in any of her talking. She looked at the grey male examining her locke tand laughed as his grin spread even wider and his tail cleaned the ground behind him. "Thank you Char, do you have any necklaces?"

She hoped that he would come to Pheonix Vally to visit, as well as Spirit she liked having their company. It was like a breath of fresh air from all the stuff thats been happening in the pack. Not to mention the quarrel Pheonix Vally and Inferni have been in. Her and Pendzez had been keeping watch over the borders along with the others. it was exhausting and she was glad to get away from it all.