i'm done feeling like a skeleton.
[html]
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42 ... est-26.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:0px;background-color:#001a36;background-position:bottom;">
         The pale wolf turned to Spirit's words, and he laughed merrily, agreeing with the sentiment wholeheartedly and enjoying the joke. His azure eyes twinkled brightly and his infectious laugh echoed loudly in the otherwise quiet forest, stirring up a bird that had been perching above them. This only served to amuse the big wolf further, until after a moment he calmed down, shaking his head. The pale wolf turned back to Rendall, listening to her words intently. He liked her a lot, he considered both of these wolves his friends now—he didn't particularly want either of them to get hurt, but he had a feeling Spirit could take care of herself. It was Rendall, with her injured paw and smaller frame, who had to be worried about.

"I understand. Family's really important..." he trailed off, smiling. He understood the second part of her statement, the wanderlust—it had driven him from his snowy home, bidding him to seek the open spaces and new places in the unknown world. It was almost like a fire burning in his gut when he'd been home, as if he was chained down and bound to the Amrithai until his death. That was an uneasy feeling, at best—he loved his family, but he knew there was more out there in the world than just them. "I hope your siblings are okay. I'm sure you'll find 'em if you go looking," he reassured her.

The silver wolf paused before continuing to speak, considering his words carefully. "The world's a big place, Rendall. I've seen a little bit of it, myself, maybe walked the same path you did to get here. I dunno," he shrugged. "This is as good a place as any, I suppose, and I'm sayin' that as somebody who isn't in a pack. You must like it too here, eh Spirit? Otherwise, why'dya stick around—all the handsome men?" he laughed, winking at her with another merry smile. No sense to sit around gloomy and contemplating the dark past—here they were in the present, alive and mostly well, and with friends. Charon couldn't think of another place in the world he'd rather be.

thanks to jael for the table!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread